Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Calibrating with New (EF) Modules

Hi all,

Our company has recently purchased two new HP-TM-EF Modules to start using, only problem is they don't calibrate and give us an error exceeding command.

We currently already have an HP-TM-EF module which we have been using for longer probes except this one calibrates as it should.

I am running out of ideas as to why the new modules will not calibrate just like the one we have.

Is there something we are missing or need to add in order for them to be calibrate correctly?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

I'm wondering if there are modules for US and others for EU ?
    Did you try to double click on enable button ?

Comment

• Evick_4518
      Evick_4518 commented
      Editing a comment
      On the Modules they say Made in UK.

But the one we already owned prior to these two new ones also say Made in UK.

and i have not, where can i find the enable button?

• JEFMAN
      JEFMAN commented
      Editing a comment
      On the Jogbox, at the top left on NJB.

• Evick_4518
      Evick_4518 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, thought you meant on the dialog box but yes it is enabled when we calibrate

Pcdmis isn't asking where its made but what style it is. Those are the US versions, it doesn't matter where they were made.

Share a screen shot of your probe dialog box.

Comment

This is the Probe dialog Box
      Attached Files

Comment

It's done for 60 mm max !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JEFMAN View Post
          It's done for 60 mm max !!!!!
          +1

Comment

Each line in the pic represents 10mm. Like JEFMAN said.
            Attached Files

Comment

• acgarcia
              acgarcia commented
              Editing a comment
              Share a screen shot of that probe dialog box

• acgarcia
              acgarcia commented
              Editing a comment
              I know some people will try and go a little longer than 60 mm but your work with scanning probing lengths there. Your at 100mm. I think the max on an LSP is 115mm.

• Evick_4518
              Evick_4518 commented
              Editing a comment
              I See. So because the CMM we are using is not a scanning CMM anything above 60 MM is not recommended?

Originally posted by Evick_4518 View Post
            Hi all,

Our company has recently purchased two new HP-TM-EF Modules to start using, only problem is they don't calibrate and give us an error exceeding command.

We currently already have an HP-TM-EF module which we have been using for longer probes except this one calibrates as it should.

I am running out of ideas as to why the new modules will not calibrate just like the one we have.

Is there something we are missing or need to add in order for them to be calibrate correctly?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
            They give you an error? What Error? Is it a standard deviation?
            Systems Integrator
            Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment

• Evick_4518
              Evick_4518 commented
              Editing a comment
              correct its a standard deviation error. but only with these two new modules and we dont get this error with the module we currently own

Okay - I've run TP20's with much longer than the recommended lengths and they calibrate fine and repeat okay (spherical TP of 0.01 on probe check program).

Both TP20 and the Hexagon version you have have a tri-lobing characteristic - the longer the stylus the more tri-lobing you get, ergo the higher SD in calibration.

Depending on what length, and how flexible your stylus is it might just be your old once were just in, and the new ones are just out.

We're going to need some numbers here.

What's the SD limit set to in Probe utilities > Setup and what are you getting in your results?

Edit to say - 100mm really is pushing it though in terms of false triggers.

Also don't try measure any tight limit diameter Max Insc or Min Circ or you're going to get terrible (wrong) results.
            Last edited by NinjaBadger; 10-16-2019, 11:08 AM.
            Applications Engineer
            Hexagon UK

Comment

These are the parameters we use for the 5X100MM tip as well as the results for the new module

With our older Module we get StdDev.0003
              Attached Files

Comment

Click the Setup button on the main Probe utilities window - the SD limit is set in there
                Applications Engineer
                Hexagon UK

Comment

Originally posted by Evick_4518 View Post
                  These are the parameters we use for the 5X100MM tip as well as the results for the new module

With our older Module we get StdDev.0003
                  Is that for the same length probe with the same components?

Applications Engineer
                  Hexagon UK

Comment

• Evick_4518
                    Evick_4518 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yea we its the same components we use

This is the Probe dialog box
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think 0.01mm / 0.0004" would be a realistic amount of lobbing for that length probe and I don't think 0.0006 is unrealistic either. The warning doesn't mean you can't use it, it simply means it's exceeding that user adjustable limit.

Again, it's about being aware of what it might mean for your results and the limitations of using that piece of equipment.
                    Applications Engineer
                    Hexagon UK

Comment

• Evick_4518
                      Evick_4518 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Interesting. I have a question What is the longest Tip extension you have used for a TP20 Module?

In my old place I had a 75mm tip (5mm stylus I think) in the rack - BUT I am diligent in assessing accuracy against tolerance.

I ran a probe check every Monday - two tip angles (A0B0 and A90B±90) for every probe to a spherical TP of 0.01.

If I had tight limit diameters I'd check a ring gauge with that probe-tip to make sure it was capable of giving accurate results. If I have tight limit positions / concentricities I'd check probe against probe on a ring gauge to a tighter limit.

It really depends on what you're measuring and with what as to what lengths you need to go to.

Applications Engineer
                    Hexagon UK

Comment