Error "Position out of machine stroke limit Y-Axis"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error "Position out of machine stroke limit Y-Axis"

I have been struggling making a 6 cavity program into a 8 cavity. I have used the same alignment method for the other 6 to complete 7 & 8. I can get through the entire program except the last item on cavity 8. I believe it may be an alignment issue but I cannot seem to pinpoint where it went faulty. The actual's for cavity 8 are way off, meanwhile 1-7 are spot on.... I have attached the program code and a screenshot to show what I am working with. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!
    Attached Files

Hi,
    Hard to find in the prog where it stops (the picture isn't clear enough to compare with the code ...)
    This kind of error comes from a point (move point, clear point, prehit...) which is to far on Y axis.

Comment

It was throwing the error out on a move/clearplane. However, I deleted it and manually positioned the probe around 1mm away from the target, tried to execute and received the same error message. I must also say that the clear plane is -30mm on the machine grid plate I have -125mm until the end of my measurement zone.

Comment

I can attach a highlighted version of the code. It is all the way at the bottom before the dimensions.
        Attached Files

Comment

Upon looking at your code, your initial alignment is aligning X and Z to MAN_PLN which is your X Level.
          I don't know how the last translation of Z axis to MAN_LIN helps or not (might be saving you!), but this is definitely an error.

Code:
          MAN_AL     =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:STARTUP,LIST=YES
                        ALIGNMENT/LEVEL,XPLUS,MAN_PLN
                        ALIGNMENT/ROTATE,YPLUS,TO,MAN_LIN,ABOUT,XPLUS
          [COLOR=#FF0000][B]              ALIGNMENT/TRANS,XAXIS,MAN_PLN
                        ALIGNMENT/TRANS,ZAXIS,MAN_PLN[/B][/COLOR]
                        ALIGNMENT/TRANS,YAXIS,MAN_PNT
                        ALIGNMENT/TRANS,ZAXIS,MAN_LIN
                      ALIGNMENT/END
          Second. Your naming conventions make assessing the rest of the routine after Loop V1 is very difficult to understand, and potentially is causing bugs in your routine.
          LETTERS_NUMB3RS_UNDERSCORES only in feature and alignment ID's (unless intentionally coded with active fomulas) RENAME THEM.

It seems all your cavity alignments within the loop are recalling FIX_A1, which seems to be the location of the first part... not a generic back to the fixture.

Right where your screenshot of where it stalled, it's saying you are trying to over-travel in Y.... First hit of feature ID "CAV_8_16.08_PLN" below....
          It seems like your theo's and Actuals don't match at all for where this plane is located.

Code:
          AL_ST_8_X_DATUM  =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:CAV_7_11.31_ALN,LIST=YES
                          ALIGNMENT/TRANS,YAXIS,CAV 8_DIA
                          ALIGNMENT/TRANS,ZAXIS,CAV 8_DIA
                          ALIGNMENT/TRANS,XAXIS,CAV_8_X_DATUM
                        ALIGNMENT/END
                        MOVE/CLEARPLANE
          CAV_8_11.31  =FEAT/CONTACT/CIRCLE/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN,IN,LEAST_SQR
                        THEO/<-16.65,0,0>,<-1,0,0>,11.31
                        ACTL/<-16.65,0.007,0.033>,<-1,0,0>,11.172
                        TARG/<-16.65,0,0>,<-1,0,0>
                        START ANG=120,END ANG=240
                        ANGLE VEC=<0.0069459,0,-0.9999759>
                        DIRECTION=CCW
                        SHOW FEATURE PARAMETERS=NO
                        SHOW CONTACT PARAMETERS=YES
                          NUMHITS=3,DEPTH=0,PITCH=0
                          SAMPLE METHOD=SAMPLE_HITS
                          SAMPLE HITS=0,SPACER=0
                          AVOIDANCE MOVE=NO,DISTANCE=10
                          FIND HOLE=DISABLED,ONERROR=NO,READ POS=NO
                        SHOW HITS=NO
                        CHECK/10,1
          CAV_8_11.31_ALN  =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:AL_ST_8_X_DATUM,LIST=YES
                          ALIGNMENT/TRANS,YAXIS,CAV_8_11.31
                          ALIGNMENT/TRANS,ZAXIS,CAV_8_11.31
                        ALIGNMENT/END
          CAV_8_16.08_PLN  =FEAT/PLANE,CARTESIAN,TRIANGLE
                        THEO/<-16.08,0,2.8>,<-1,0,0>
                        ACTL/<-16.08,0,2.8>,<-1,0,0>
                        MEAS/PLANE,3
                          MOVE/CLEARPLANE
                          HIT/BASIC,NORMAL,<-16.08,5,1.7>,<-1,0,0>,[COLOR=#FF0000][B]<-98.219,-1070.671,213.116>[/B][/COLOR],USE THEO=YES
                          HIT/BASIC,NORMAL,<-16.08,0,5>,<-1,0,0>,[COLOR=#FF0000][B]<-98.217,-1075.555,216.418>[/B][/COLOR],USE THEO=YES
                          HIT/BASIC,NORMAL,<-16.08,-5,1.7>,<-1,0,0>,[COLOR=#FF0000][B]<-98.22,-1080.539,213.12>[/B][/COLOR],USE THEO=YES              
                          ENDMEAS/
                        MOVE/CLEARPLANE
                        MOVE/POINT,NORMAL,<-68.471,877.066,-92.077>
          This seems to be your smoking gun.
          Open this routine offline (open one routine online, then open this one in front of the online routine).
          Change your loop count to 1
          Execute it.
          Make sure this feature's measured values go back to theo. exact location.
          Change loop back to your 40whatever
          Save routine.
          set it as read only.
          run it again.

any time you make changes within a loop, you want to make sure your counter is set to 1.

Comment

• louisd
            louisd commented
            Editing a comment
            in my opinoin, i would have made a 1 cavity routine to measure one part, then looped it. It guarantees you aren't programming bias into any of the fixture positions, and cuts your workload by a factor of 8 for future revisions, lol...

• Marcus "Doc Guinness"
            Marcus "Doc Guinness" commented
            Editing a comment
            I 100% agree, this program is around 6 years old and I have only 3 years of experience. This one is ruff!!