Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same program on two machines

Hi all,

working with PCDMIS 2019 R1 - Sheffield Discovery III. I copied a program from one of my Sheffields to another one so i can run the same part on both-but no matter what i try the copied program gives me completely different results from the first one. I am using the same exact probes and have not changed my alignments or points. Both machines have been calibrated by Hexagon (both on PCDMIS 2019) and are running well. It's just this one program. It's always the same features that it calculates different from the first one. I tried re-creating those features and it will work perfect ofline but still shows them off when i run an actual part.
    Any ideas?

Can you post the code ?
    Are you sure that parameters are the same on both cmms ?
    What are the calibrations results ?

Comment

Do calibration results between both machines match or is the stdev way different? Do you have probe diameter compensation on? Is the probe loose? Module going bad?

Comment

Sorry cannot post anything related to this part because it's a new project for our company and apparently top secret.
        Where do i find cal results? Do you mean probe calibration results? We calibrate the probes every other day and i have not had problems on any of these machines
        I did not check parameters but will now- what exactly should i look for?
        I did forget to mention the initial alignment is a recalled fixture alignment (which again is the same exact fixture as the first machine)

Comment

Originally posted by bfire85 View Post
          Do calibration results between both machines match or is the stdev way different? Do you have probe diameter compensation on? Is the probe loose? Module going bad?
          They're pretty much the same-stdev is always within .0002. Where do i find probe companesation? Sorry-pretty new to pcdmis so i don't know where to find most things.

Comment

Probe compensation is ON on both-and everything else on the F10 tab looks exact with the other machine

Comment

I'm using 3 different probes on this program. I'm getting the difference on some of the features that i check with a 1by20mm tip. I did check the module and everything else on it-it seems good. Also i use this probe for like 80% of the program-and on the rest of the features checked with this probe i'm getting a .0001-.0002" difference from the other machine

Comment

• Martijn
                Martijn commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you kalibrate the probe offset ok. Check it measuring the kalibration sphere with all probes. They all should be on the same position.
                Otherwise: when measuring the reference probe answer YES on the question "has the qualification tool been moved". For the rest of the probes answer NO

You said you do a recall fixture. Even though the machines are the same, the home position isn't the same. I'd think you'd have to have a separate recall for each machine. Each program will have to have a separate manual alignment too

Comment

Originally posted by bfire85 View Post
                You said you do a recall fixture. Even though the machines are the same, the home position isn't the same. I'd think you'd have to have a separate recall for each machine. Each program will have to have a separate manual alignment too
                Yes they are separate-sorry i meant to use using an exact fixture like the other one and doing a manual alignment same way i do on the other machine. It is two different fixtures on two different machines-measured the same way with the same size probe

Comment

Originally posted by disal View Post
                  i'm using 3 different probes on this program. I'm getting the difference on some of the features that i check with a 1by20mm tip. I did check the module and everything else on it-it seems good. Also i use this probe for like 80% of the program-and on the rest of the features checked with this probe i'm getting a .0001-.0002" difference from the other machine
                  is the .0001-.0002 difference what is bothering you?
                  Because that's pretty good actually.

if not what is the difference between the machines that is not matching up?
                  what features are inconsistent? diameters? profiles? positions? we need more info.
                  Last edited by BIGWIG7; 10-15-2019, 11:29 AM.
                  Che Guevara is a communist scumbag.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGWIG7 View Post

is the .0001-.0002 difference what is bothering you?
                    Because that's pretty good actually.
                    No-those are great, the features that show different are anywhere from .01-.05" off-That is bad bad
                    one example is-I have 2 radii that i am measuring as cylinders and it shows their size right on nominal, but distance from one cyl to the other is .05" off (which shows good on the other machine-and also checked in a vision system-is good)

Comment

are you using the same probe file for both machines? in other words are your probe file builds on the server and both machines are pulling the probes from the server?
                      or are you running from the C drive

Comment

Originally posted by BIGWIG7 View Post
                        are you using the same probe file for both machines? in other words are your probe file builds on the server and both machines are pulling the probes from the server?
                        or are you running from the C drive
                        C drive. Every machine has their own probes, they have different names but have the same build

Comment

HMMMM. are you absolutely sure the probes are build identically?
                          here's what I would do.
                          restart and rehome both machines completely.
                          then reset the nominals on both programs so are starting with a fresh slate. OPERATION>FEATURES>RESET NOMINALS
                          then rebuild all the probes again identically. you may have a corrupted probe file somewhere.
                          then recalibrate all your probes using the same probe tip for both machines. meaning calibrate your 3 probes on one machine, then remove those pucks and put them on the other machine and recalibrate to that machine. make sure your speeds and feeds are identical.
                          then run one program. then swtich your pucks to the other machine and run that program.
                          post your results.
                          Last edited by BIGWIG7; 10-15-2019, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Out of curiosity are you able to run the same part multiple times with repeatable results on each machine? I have found issues with some of the programs I use reporting excessive variations when trying to re-measure and confirm out of tolerance reports. Most times it is due to poor hits and tip deflection. I'm running 2 Global 555's Version 2019 R1 and all our programs pull off a sever so any updates to programs/profiles only have to be done once.

Comment

• Kp61dude!
                              Kp61dude! commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Those little Global 5-5-5 are rare little machines. I've worked on one before...fastest CMM I've ever touched!!!!