Discus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discus

Doing contract programming for a company that uses discus. They know how to use it for the most part but what is missing is how to transfer the cmm report to discus. The cmm operator that used it is no longer there. Where the problem is I understand how to set the report up with comments & cn numbers. But getting the info from dmis to discus is what nobody knows how to do it. From what I have read on the forum and on line is that you save as a rtf & csv file to transfer to discus. Have tried importing to discus but no luck. Also read that you need to change setting in setting editor donotuseamuni to 1 but stll no luck. If someone could explain that step to get it into discus. Thanks

csv is the way to go Jim, unfortunately it's not easy nor friendly. Each feature has to be setup to receive labeling from DMIS. It's all about your output matches how the person running discus sets it up, after they assign each line to matchup with your output. That's when dumping the info into Discus is easy, once you dump it out as csv. It's up to the person running Discus to set it up from there. We have it and after hours and days spending time on the phone with Discus, that was the end result. Not a friendly software to use with DMIS. Every new program, has to be setup in Discus Line by Line.
    Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 10-11-2019, 11:30 AM.
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• Darrollh
      Darrollh commented
      Editing a comment
      The QM changed the report settings from rtf to txt. It seems to be working but don’t quote me on it.

• KIRBSTER269
      KIRBSTER269 commented
      Editing a comment
      I apologize Darrollh , txt is the other option, but end result is the same, whoever is doing Discus has to do it Line by Line

I kind of figured that txt would work but if you store the reports as txt then any graphics or analysis view will not show in the report I don't know about csv if they do or not. what I'm wondering if there is a way thru a print command to store a rtf and a txt of the same report to the same file.

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
      KIRBSTER269 commented
      Editing a comment
      2 print commands make sure you keep instances?

ill add just one thing the version of discus you are using needs to have cmm tuned on for it to work at all

Comment