Find Hole Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find Hole Options

Greetings! I tried searching the forum with no real luck. On Auto Circles we have the option of using Find Hole. I use "Center" all the time, but I haven't a clue how "Nocenter" and "Single Hit" function or when they might be useful. A link or a comment would be great.

Thanks and blessings!

Tim
    Thanks a million!

Tim

F1 is your frand

Comment

Originally posted by TKOFaith View Post
      Greetings! I tried searching the forum with no real luck. On Auto Circles we have the option of using Find Hole. I use "Center" all the time, but I haven't a clue how "Nocenter" and "Single Hit" function or when they might be useful. A link or a comment would be great.

Thanks and blessings!

Tim
      No center is like center but it doesn't center on the hole.

I.e. it drives in slowly to establish the hole is there so as to not smash up the probe, but doesn't take the three centering hits.

Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

Originally posted by DAN_M View Post
        F1 is your frand
        That's the first place I checked. Useless.
        Thanks a million!

Tim

Comment

Slide1.JPG

FWIW, F1 seems to work for me

Comment

Originally posted by CodeWarrior View Post
          Slide1.JPG

FWIW, F1 seems to work for me
          I'm running PC-DMIS 2014. I don't get that screen even when I check all of the links. Maybe I'm just daft. I'll enlarge your image for my answers. Thanks!

Blessings!

Tim
          Thanks a million!

Tim

Comment

I copied the text from the help file for reference
            Option Description
            DISABLED No "find hole" operation is performed.
            NOCENTER This item acts as the CENTER item, except that the probe does not take the three hits to find the rough estimate of the hole's center. It merely begins measuring the circle using the existing parameters set in the specific Auto Feature dialog box.
            SINGLE HIT This setting tells the probe to take one single hit. If it hits the surface and does not find the hole, then it automatically switches to the "If the hole is never found" case (for circles and slots) or "If the hole is not found" case (for notches) described in the Find Hole specifics links. If the probe finds the hole, it uses the NOCENTER option to proceed.
            CENTER This item first causes the probe to move down to the "find hole" distance to make sure it does not encounter any material. It then moves to either the feature's depth or to the "check" distance to search inside the hole for a rough estimate of the hole's center (see the note below). The probe does this by taking three hits equally spaced around the hole. Once the probe has the hole's general location, it then proceeds to measure the hole using the parameters set in the specific Auto Feature dialog box. Unless you select NOCENTER or SINGLE HIT, this is the default procedure that PC-DMIS follows if it finds the hole.
            Circle or Cylinder

The following table describes the "find hole" specifics for a Circle or Cylinder.
            If the hole is found PC-DMIS moves down to the "check" distance and proceeds to take three hits equally spaced around the hole to determine the general location of the hole. Following this general adjustment, PC-DMIS then measures the hole using the parameters that are defined on the feature's tab. This includes sample hits, and so on. This is the same as the CENTER item described above.
            If the hole is not found PC-DMIS backs away from the surface and starts a circular search pattern that is (feature radius – probe radius) out from the theoretical feature center. The search will try (2 * PI * feature radius/(feature radius – probe radius)) locations around the search circle. If the hole is still not found, the search radius increases by (feature radius – probe radius) and continues until the search radius is equal to the prehit distance. If the prehit is smaller than (feature radius – probe radius), only one search pattern is completed.
            If the hole is never found PC-DMIS moves the probe to a position of a prehit above the final point of the searching cycle and prompts you to do a "Read Position". (See "Read position Item".)
            Adjustments along the surface normal As PC-DMIS searches and finds a surface instead of the hole, it continually updates the search height based on the found surfaces. Once the hole is found, it updates the depth of measurement of the hole based on the last surface found. If the hole is found the first time, no adjustments are made.
            Adjustments with RMEAS If you supply an RMEAS feature (or features), PC-DMIS assumes that you want to use the feature(s) as the reference for both the search height and the depth of the hole measurement. Therefore, there is no adjustment along the surface normal other than the RMEAS adjustment.

Comment

• TKOFaith
              TKOFaith commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks a bunch CodeWarrior!