Profile questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile questions

I'm sure this has been covered before but I can't find it this morning.
    Profile 0.1 / 10
    Where the engineer is trying to control abrupt changes in the form over a given area.
    How have the experts been dimensioning this in V2013.1?

Line profile - the oldest version I have readily available is 2016, and there you just enter it in the line profile FCF. I don't remember which version introduced that…
    Surface profile - doesn't have it.

Without the immediate solution available, I would suggest collecting points on the profile into a group (scan), density at least 3 pts/10, preferrably more. Then dimension profile of every possible (overlapping) subscan (SCN1.HIT[1..3], SCN1.hit[2..4], etc.).

Becoming overwhelming if it really is surface profile you need...

prof_2016.PNG
    AndersI
    SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

• BKulpa
      BKulpa commented
      Editing a comment
      It seems that's available for line profile in V2016 which I use offline, but not surface profile.
      The machine is going to be using V2013.1.
      I guess I'm going to scan approx. 10mm segments on the surface overlapping segments, do a form only profile for each section.

That option does seem available in V2013.1
      Last edited by BKulpa; 10-09-2019, 12:11 PM. Reason: Adding additional infor on versions

I used this option in V2013.1 and it seemed to work well.

Comment

If they want surface profile, shouldn't there also be a value in the other direction, like "10x10"?
      PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP4

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is not valid to specify per unit for surface profile. Certainly in ISO it is only valid for line profile.

Comment