CONCENTRICITY with datums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONCENTRICITY with datums

Can concentricity be measured by three datums???

Has anyone had any experience with this??

CONCENTRICITY.JPG

Errr, not typically - is this ASME or ISO?
    Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

I would say you would be checking against the datum that creates the axis parallel to the axis of the feature being checked, probably B-D. The other datums will really be just ignored. Looks like a faulty FCF to me.
      PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Maybe they accidentally selected the wrong symbol in their CAD software.

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
          KIRBSTER269 commented
          Editing a comment
          This is typically normal for a engineer who "thinks" they know what they are doing. Falls in the category "Over Engineering"

I'm with bfire85 on this one, they probably was looking for position, for them to accidentally choose all those datums for concentricity, is highly unlikely. If you replace it with position, Does it make more sense?
        (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
        They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by ninjabadger View Post
          errr, not typically - is this asme or iso?
          iso

Comment

It seems a bit odd.

I see a lot of A|B datums for concentricity (which is perfectly acceptable. You could also have an A-B, and I guess A|B-C would technically be okay, but the tertiary datum achieves nothing which makes me question it somewhat.
            Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

PC DMIS only allows me two dates, I think it's correct A B-D. A - plane B-D - line between two diameters. I'm guessing the error is in the drawing. I asked the question just to make sure I wasn't wrong. Thank you all for your help.

Comment