Program save date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program save date

When I open a program in PCdmis I go to Windows explorer and see that the 'Date Modified' changes to the date and time I open the program. I then do a "Quit" and answer 'Yes' ( Quit without saving).
    The date and time remain the same as when I opened the program. To me, it makes it look like that program got changed and saved even tho all I did was open it and close it.
    I have searched for answers on this forum and I think I have tried all of the suggestions.

I am using PCDMIS 2019 R1

PCDMIS 2019 R1
    GLOBAL 5x5

Yes it saves it upon opening it. Part of the file recovery system I believe - although even disabling it in settings editor it still saves upon opening.
    Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

The PRG file contains internal stream files. MS flags the external modified date as soon as the internal stream is opened for read/write permission. Pcdmis is not saving upon a file/quit but MS has already set the modified time.

Comment

OK. Thanks everyone.
        PCDMIS 2019 R1
        GLOBAL 5x5

Comment

in explorer window, right click on your files. Click properties.
          At the bottom, check the little box that says "Read Only".
          Click apply.

Now you can rest assured nobody is messing with the routine, unless one of your colleagues purposefully went and bypassed your read-only status...

Comment

• Marken199
            Marken199 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you. Great idea!