General datum target question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General datum target question

When you want to inspect the part using an Iterative or an RPS type alignment, does the cad orgin has to be relative to the datum target points?

i have a drawing with target points, however the CAD model orgin is not relative to the target points. Can the part still be aligned to the CAD?

i would assume so.. but not sure.
    B&S One
    PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Of course.

Probe away on the CAD, create an iterative alignment (or whatever alignment you prefer) from the features measured.
    Then probe your datum targets and align to them, using the nominals taken from CAD. After that, the alignment *should* reflect your datum target alignment.
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

• WolfMan
      WolfMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you know if the same applies to Calypso RPS alignment?

• WolfMan
      WolfMan commented
      Editing a comment
      VPT, another question. How do I probe away on a CAD, when the XYZ location of the Target points are based on a different orgin from the CAD? Say I open the vector point, and input all my XYZ values, the point will not snap to the CAD. it will be in space somewhere relative to the current Orgin right?

• vpt.se
      vpt.se commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes - which is why you need to do the "first" alignment. After the first alignment - that should correspond with the CAD coordinatesystem, you can measure other features and align to them (with nominals from CAD). The first alignment is just to get the part csys and the CAD csys to relate so you later can align however you wish without losing the relation between CAD/part.

No clue about the Calypso RPS alignment.

Thanks VPT
    B&S One
    PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

You could use an alignment to offset to the datum target point origin. This would then reflect the datum dimensions?
      Bristol Citysigpic
      Home of the Reds

Comment

• WolfMan
        WolfMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it would. I found a way to change the orgin on the CAD.