Unable to initialize COM object error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to initialize COM object error

Hello, we just updated PCDMIS to the 2019 R1 version and now that I want to calibrate some probes using the sphere we've always used, the coming message pops up:

Does any one know what's going on?
    Attached Files

There are three suggestions in that error dialog. Have you followed-up on them? Does the DLL exist, and is it a 64-bit DLL? Is the DLL registered (I woudn't know how)? Are all dependencies installed? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ime-in-windows might help (but of course, I'm not sure it will).
    AndersI
    SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

Look to the installation folder (C:\Program Files\Hexagon\PC-DMIS 2019 R1 64-bit) for a file called COSCANNING_PROBE_CALIBRATION.DLL This is more than likely the one that needs to be registered.

To do this -
      Open a CMD window As Administrator
      cd "C:\Program Files\Hexagon\PC-DMIS 2019 R1 64-bit"
      regsvr32 COSCANNING_PROBE_CALIBRATION.DLL

With that, you should get a response that registration was successful

I've gotten into this situation before, from removing and installing multiple versions. . . .

Comment

• JEFMAN
        JEFMAN commented
        Editing a comment
        This cannot be invented !!!!!!!

• Peter Fuller
        Peter Fuller commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 This happens when a version of PC-DMIS is uninstalled and unregisters a dll. This should fix it, if not run a repair install.

Thank you Don and Peter, this did solve the problem!

Comment