Need new probe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new probe?

New to PC-DMIS and CMMs, My experience is in Polyworks and Romer Arms.

So about weekly i calibrate the probes. My 50x3 is fine, It'll finish without issue, But the 30x1 will throw a movement error randomly. Sometimes it'll make it through sometimes itll give an error or ...4... Is this a sign of the probe going bad?

Thanks.

What is the error?

Comment

Originally posted by bfire85 View Post
      What is the error?
      TR_MOV01,Movement interupted !

Seems to only get this error while using the 30x1 probe. Maybe a coincidence.. Not sure.

Comment

What probe system do you have?
        If it's a TP20, it sounds like your probe module needs replacement.

Comment

Make sure the tip is fully screwed in place, and that the ruby isn't loose on the shank.
          AndersI
          SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

Originally posted by louisd View Post
            What probe system do you have?
            If it's a TP20, it sounds like your probe module needs replacement.
            Thanks for the reply, Yes its a T20. So would that mean the T20 piece need replaced?

Comment

• louisd
              louisd commented
              Editing a comment
              TP20 probe modules have a relatively short lifespan. They only last 200,000 to 500,000 hits. If you are getting false triggers or no/delayed triggers while the probe is making contact, yes you need a new TP20 module. The TP20 body technically should last forever, unless it's physically damaged.

One last thing you can try, is to clean the probe body to probe module magnetic interface with the renishaw cleaning goop, it's a yellowish white putty, Mfr Part # A-1085-0016. You firmly push it onto the surfaces to make sure there are no contaminates affecting your touch-trigger conductivity or ball-groove mounting pattern.
              Last edited by louisd; 09-27-2019, 10:16 AM.

Originally posted by AndersI View Post
            Make sure the tip is fully screwed in place, and that the ruby isn't loose on the shank.
            Thanks for the reply, All seems good. I double checked.

Comment