Can You Repeat Please? 2019R1 Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can You Repeat Please? 2019R1 Issue?

Ok I have deleted and recreated this over and over again. I will submit this as a bug, if maybe someone else can confirm this. I create a simple position and perpendicular callout.

Capture.JPG

And position looks good on the report, Except reporting out the Axis, it's like a broken record that keeps repeating.

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Does the same to the Perpendicular callout. I'll make that a little bigger so you don't have to squint.

Capture3.JPG

Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 09-24-2019, 08:54 AM.
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Closing and reopening the program has fixed this problem for me.

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
      KIRBSTER269 commented
      Editing a comment
      This occurred yesterday. I have restarted everything, still doing the same...the same....the same..... the same.

Even tried a penny, like the old record players, put it on the CMM. That don't work either.

mbxWYfA[1].jpg
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)

Comment

• Schlag
      Schlag commented
      Editing a comment
      What does the penny do ? I never owned an album...... Start with cassett tapes!!

• KIRBSTER269
      KIRBSTER269 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you kidding me Schlag ?If your not, records could or would end up with scratches on them, and the arm with the needle was very light so if there was any scratches, it would either kick the arm back a little, over and over again, or it would kick it forward. So putting pennys on there, added weight and most of the time kept it from skipping.

• Schlag
      Schlag commented
      Editing a comment
      Did high end turn tables come with a penny ? Bought Pyromania when it came out. My 1st tape.....I was 10. Albums were around but the durability / portability of tapes and the ability of playing them in the car overshadowed the lower quality in sound..... maybe that was the defining moment in the cheapening / lower quality alternatives for consumers that started the real decine.... Some PHD candidate will write a thesis on that someday....
      Last edited by Schlag; 10-25-2019, 10:32 AM.

I did a quick test - 2019 R2 SP1 does the same when the lower segment is perpendicularity, parallelity or angularity.
    AndersI
    SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

• Schrocknroll
      Schrocknroll commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad that's answered.
      Glad that's answered.
      Glad that's answered.
      Glad that's answered.

• QS920
      QS920 commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL you guys crack me up Schrocknroll

• charliejoe
      charliejoe commented
      Editing a comment
      parallelity?

PC-DMIS has done this for many years and many versions. Maybe as far back as 10 years or more (?). This caused a lot of problems trying to strip out the duplicate data when accessing these dimensions by automation. Nobody seemed interested in looking at this bug every time I brought it up...

Comment

• AndersI
      AndersI commented
      Editing a comment
      I found an old, closed, report on this in JIRA, and have added a question thereā€¦ There might be a reason, even if it eludes us.

Lol, "the software has undergone complicated and serious testing" - not as complicated as KIRBSTER269 's day-to-day usage... ;P
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

UPDATE: response on this Case

I can replicate this and will report it as a bug. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Comment

looks like poor engineering to me, just have the enginerd change it to match what PCD can do .

Comment