Spherical Points and paste with pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spherical Points and paste with pattern

I have to measure the inside of a large sphere. Is there a way to take spherical radius points? I can't seem to remember how. I measure the sphere with a dozen points, construct a sphere, set XYZ zero to that sphere, then is it possible to paste with pattern a whole bunch of points? I need a very dense point group of hundreds of points and selecting each individually will take forever.

Thanks.

Paste with pattern works in 2D around the active workplane so if, for example, you had the ZPLUS workplane acive, you could take a row of points in a line going from the top of your sphere (z+) to the bottom (-Z) and then pattern them round by an angular increment to give you the spacing you need. For a row of points every degree you would enter 1 in the "Angle" box and 359 in the "number of times to offset" box. Hope this makes sense?
    Neil Challinor
    PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
    E: [email protected]

Comment

I'll expand on what Neil said..

Start of with a point on the bottom, (so lets say your sphere is 20mm and I'll assume it's an internal hemisphere) you could have a point at 0,0,-10 and a vector of 0,0,1

With the workplane at yminus, you could pattern one spoke (so say an angle of 5° offset 17 times)

Now change the workplane to Zplus, copy all 18 points and pattern around in z offsetting 5° by 71 times.
      Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaBadger View Post
        I'll expand on what Neil said..

Start of with a point on the bottom, (so lets say your sphere is 20mm and I'll assume it's an internal hemisphere) you could have a point at 0,0,-10 and a vector of 0,0,1

With the workplane at yminus, you could pattern one spoke (so say an angle of 5° offset 17 times)

Now change the workplane to Zplus, copy all 18 points and pattern around in z offsetting 5° by 71 times.
        don't copy the point at dead center for the second PwP, or you'll have 72 (in your example) points at 0,0,-10/
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

why not use an auto-sphere?
          Ex-Hex

Comment

I have used multiple perimeter scan, change offset for each
            Then constructed sphere with the scans
            need CAD

Comment