Best way to measure a Profile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to measure a Profile.

We received a program from a third-party for the profile of a part we are having trouble with. They have taken 19 separate points along the area for the profile check. The way they are measuring this profile is using "T" for a Location Dimension. I used the same program but changed the way of measuring by setting up the datum's and using the Profile measurement. The profile from both ways of measuring are different (using the actual Profile Dimension is reading more nominal than the Location Dimension). I'm wondering which measurement is the correct one to use.

Is the alignment the same as the DRF?
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• ctderryberryNASG
      ctderryberryNASG commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. It's an ABC alignment and the profile callout is also ABC.

ok so If you treat each point individual you get separate readings, Make sure you report out Max and Min in your report. Profile will take the highest point and the Lowest point and add them together to give you a MEAS result. But if you see the MAX and MIN it will show you the result of your highest and lowest point taken. That should show you the same as your "T" value hits, well at least 2 of them, Highest and Lowest

Untitled.jpg

Capture.JPG
    Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 09-19-2019, 12:15 PM.
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment