2019R1 to 2019R2 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019R1 to 2019R2 problems

We updated to the new 2019 R2 program from 2019 R1. Now everything that I have setup as Xactmeasure shows features out by 5+ millimeters and some as high as 55 millimeters. We also have issues with the Safe Rotation or Mount Point of the probe when it is changing to different hardware in the probe rack...it stops in a different location than what is programmed. And before anyone asks, yes I backed up my settings and resotred them in the R2 settings editor.

The funny part is that all of this stuff goes away when I run the programs that were created in 2019 R1 in the that software version. I went through this similar ridiculousness 9 years ago when going from 2009 to 2010. This has consumed 3 days of my time and I am already behind on my schedule of converting/rewriting MeasureMax to PCDMIS...200+ programs!

while i agree that's frustrating as ****....

why not just revert back to R1?
    Ex-Hex

Comment

I have to, but I want to know what the problem is with R2

Comment

• davehocum
        davehocum commented
        Editing a comment
        Hexagon lol.

Originally posted by mmaxvbawizard View Post
      I have to, but I want to know what the problem is with R2
      Bugs. Next question.
      PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Have you reported your issues with tech support to determine the cause?

Comment

Did you try restarting your computer LOL
          sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
          "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

I went to a hexagon convention this week and they mentioned they are getting rid of xact measure and using different math to calculate. Wonder if what they are planning on changing snuck in and is causing your issues.

Comment

• Benedictj1
              Benedictj1 commented
              Editing a comment
              They have to accommodate the new Y14M update. I was told it wasn't going away in name, but base platform.

Originally posted by ph8il View Post
            i went to a hexagon convention this week and they mentioned they are getting rid of xact measure and using "legacy" to calculate. Wonder if what they are planning on changing snuck in and is causing your issues.
            fify
            sigpicIt's corona time!
            737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

Originally posted by SABarber View Post
              Have you reported your issues with tech support to determine the cause?
              Of course I have, and now, 4 business days or 6 total days I still have no answer from tech support.

Comment

Originally posted by Benedictj1 View Post
                Did you try restarting your computer LOL
                You're funny

Comment

Originally posted by PH8IL View Post
                  I went to a hexagon convention this week and they mentioned they are getting rid of xact measure and using different math to calculate. Wonder if what they are planning on changing snuck in and is causing your issues.
                  And I also heard about this but was assured that everything in Xact Measure in previously programmed code would still work.

The fact that I sat on hold for 45 minutes AND ALSO have waited 6 days with ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSE from tech support is exactly why I tried to steer my company away from Hexagon products. This same exact thing happened to me 9 years ago whilst converting from 2009 to 2010.

Comment

• vpt.se
                    vpt.se commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Some serious SMA value right there.

Having the same problem! Very frustrating!

Comment

Originally posted by Schrocknroll View Post

Bugs. Next question.
                    Not gonna lie, I had a really good laugh at this.

Back on point though... At my shop I am the only one running 2019 R2 with everyone else on 2019 R1 and we throw programs back and forth all the time with no issues.
                    Remembering my beautiful wife Taz who's life was lost on 6-13-2020. I love you and I miss you.

Comment

I am also having this problem. Extremely frustrating. Back to R1 I guess.

Check your measured values, they are reported in the opposite direction of nominal, while the nominal values are correct. PA will be approximately 180 deg out.
                      If you have a hole pattern around a centered datum reference frame feature, with all holes having the same values (in different quadrants so different signs) your measured features signs will be flipped.
                      In my example, we have 4 bores: BL BR FL FR (Front, Back, Left and Right)
                      BL X-,Y+
                      BR X+, Y+
                      FL X-, Y-
                      FR X+, Y-

With ExactMeasure the signs all get flipped. At first I thought that my datum reference plane was flipped upside down, but no the XYZ arrows all point in the right direction.

This should never have made it to the public.

I can't tell you how much time I have wasted on trying to fix this. It also makes me look incompetent as a programmer. My only defense is to point out that it's the same program we have used for years.
                      I tend to upgrade to new versions with expectations of new features and bug fixes. It seems that there are new bugs introduced with each new release.

It is by far the buggiest software with which I've had to work.

Edit: This measured value flip only seems to occur when three datums are used. Other position dimensions with just two datums give the expected results.

I think PC-DMIS customers should receive a phone call warning them when serious reporting errors are present in the software. It's much harder to roll back after many files are saved to the new version format.
                      Last edited by vider; 10-08-2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Hello everyone, let me start by saying that I completely empathise with everyone that has come across this problem
                        and can only apologise whole heartedly on behalf of Hexagon. The reporting problem was indeed the result of a bug that
                        crept into 2019 R2 which has been rectified in service pack 1.

Whilst I agree with vider's comment that
                        This should never have made it to the public.
                        I'm sure you will all accept that with a software as large and complex as PC-Dmis it is inevitable that some bugs will get through.

We run multiple automated tests and have numerous teams of test engineers who physically test every version of PC-Dmis we release
                        but I hope you will appreciate that it is impossible to test for every conceivable scenario.
                        I myself am heavily involved with software testing at the moment and personally worked on getting this issue resolved, so I can
                        assure users that we do our upmost to rectify problems whenever they are reported.

In answer to mmaxvbawizard when he says

I sat on hold for 45 minutes AND ALSO have waited 6 days with ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSE from tech support
                        I agree that this is totally unacceptable and would like to assure users that we are aware of some of the current
                        criticism when it comes to tech support and are working on addressing those concerns. I am part of a new Hexagon team
                        that is currently being formed specifically to tackle serious customer support issues and to help out when the
                        local Hexagon office is lacking the relevant resources or expertise to deal with a complaint.
                        As such, I would encourage any customers who have a current SMA and are unhappy with the level of support they receive locally to contact me directly at [email protected]
                        and I will do my best to help. I predominantly deal with European customers but the team I am part of has representatives
                        from all Hexagon global regions so I can forward your issue to the relative team member if necessary.
                        Neil Challinor
                        PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
                        E: [email protected]

Comment

• dagrpa123
                          dagrpa123 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sorry Neil,
                          Hexagon customer support has, since 2013 been patchy and unprofessional to say the least. It starts with the receptionist at Telford saying "awright luv, hang on I'll put you through", to being left to sort out problems that Hexagon can't seem to.
                          If I'd have been paying for this software out of my own pocket I'd have moved on years ago.
                          I still come across bugs in 2019 that were present in 2013, despite always sending in crash reports etc. You keep adding new features but fail to address the existing problems.
                          ..............And to cap it all, you now introduce a new front end to 2019 that is a complete waste of time. Why bother coming up with that when the time could be spent fixing bugs, which we report.
                          This software ain't cheap and frankly, we as customers deserve better.
                          Regards