Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC DMIS ignoring Break Points

Hey folks,

I've recently had a run of PC DMIS deciding it's going to just ignore my break points.

It's done it while executing using Ctrl+U and when executing Ctrl+Q to start the program.

I haven't altered any settings, and all of my features are named using only alphanumerics and underscores.

It's possible the guy they hired to assist me has changed something on the off shift, but I have no way of checking with him until Monday, and this is doing this even with freshly written programs.

I'm baffled.

Any idea what would cause this?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know what your setup's problem is but just go for operator comments for meow aka poorman's debugger.
    PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
    Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

Are you 100% they are break points and not bookmarks (or last executed -stop arrow- points)?

Comment

is the Green "OK" button stuck enabled on the jogbox? that could do it...

Comment

200% sure they're break points (little stop signs, not blue rectangles) and that the jogbox okay button isn't stuck, though those are good things to check, and I did double check to be sure.

Comment

I will throw my 2 cents in on this. I was using a breakpoint in one of my programs, but where I put the breakpoint it never could make it to it. It would stop at one particular feature and stop and never continue, nowhere near the breakpoint. I thought maybe it was the feature, so I re-created, restarted the computer, shut down everything, same thing stopped at feature but not where my breakpoint was. Got rid of the Breakpoint, ran without a hitch. IMO breakpoint might be faulty, not saying it don't work, just didn't work for me.
            (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
            They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• MUlissi
              MUlissi commented
              Editing a comment
              They could have broken in an update. I dunno. I used to use them without a problem.

Any time I mirrored a program, or had to run something someone else wrote that I hadn't previously tested, I inserted them before probe rotations and moves to avoid unintentional crashes.

Came in real handy when I worked for a company that had 2 buildings across the street from each other, and the lady in the lab across the street had a 30mm extension while we had a 100mm, and we occasionally had to use a program she wrote.

It was a huge shock when it decided to roll right past one on me, and I'm glad it just knocked the tip off at the magnet instead of crashing the whole head at high speed.

Are there flow controls IE: IF_GOTO or labels in place, where your routine is jumping the breakpoint because it's skipping that section of the program?
            Last edited by louisd; 09-19-2019, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• MUlissi
              MUlissi commented
              Editing a comment
              While I understand IF_GOTO from a computer programming perspective, I've honestly not made use of them in PCDMIS routines yet.

It's a skill I want to learn and make use of, but haven't done so up to this point.

I’ve seen it ignore breakpoints on rare occasions, but this sounds consistent? Does it matter on what element you put the breakpoint?

Comment

• MUlissi
              MUlissi commented
              Editing a comment
              It was consistent, yes. I don't know if it's fixed now or not, as I stopped relying on it once it borked on me the first time.

I haven't tested extensively on specific elements, but I'll pay attention to that from here on out and report back if I figure it out.

I primarily use them on tip rotations and moves to avoid crashes as previously noted, but I occasionally throw it on a feature as well.