PC-DMIS 2013 NIST application does not work with 2019 R2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don Ruggieri I am getting the same error with the 2019 R1 NIST test.
    Attached Files
    "Do what I want you to do, not what I tell you to do."

-Me

Comment

• A-machine-insp
      A-machine-insp commented
      Editing a comment
      Don Ruggieri Windows 10 Pro
      Last edited by A-machine-insp; 09-09-2019, 09:08 AM.

• Don Ruggieri
      Don Ruggieri commented
      Editing a comment
      If not a video, send me at least a screen capture of the original NIST dialog, just before you start it processing. I am wondering if the destination files/folders you have selected might be restricted permissions? Have you tried other destinations that you know for sure are accessible, like the PC-DMIS PRG folder for example?

• A-machine-insp
      A-machine-insp commented
      Editing a comment
      Don Ruggieri The destination file has not changed and I have no restrictions on my network access. It is the same destination we have been using for years but to be sure, I will try it again soon and set the destination as my desktop.

Don Ruggieri i get a slightly different error nist test error.png
    the error pops up for all 240 files being parsed

although it does generate the .xlsx file reporting completed with 0 errors

in the results folder are the folders for each feature type supposed to be empty?
    Last edited by mckenzie; 09-06-2019, 02:43 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Don Ruggieri
      Don Ruggieri commented
      Editing a comment
      The results folder files are NOT supposed to be empty.

The Excel file reporting 0 errors is mis-leading. Check the tabs in that Excel file to see if they are also missing the data. I suspect they are

This error is generally a permissions issue, though I cannot pinpoint it right now

In general, follow this procedure
      Run 2091 R1 As Administrator
      Exit 2019 R1
      Run NIST, also As Administrator, if not already defaulting that way

• mckenzie
      mckenzie commented
      Editing a comment
      ran the program on 2019 R1 successfully, retrying 2019 R2 now

Don Ruggieri

just tried the test on 2019 R2. got the same error A-machine-insp got.

sent error report

when trying to close the nist test dialogue box after clearing the errors got a new error (see picture)

text from error

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BA): The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)
    at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[] namedParameters)
    at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams)
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.VBBinder.In vokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Type objType, IReflect objIReflect, Object target, Object[] args, String[] namedParameters)
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding .InternalLateSet(Object o, Type& objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean OptimisticSet, CallType UseCallType)
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBind ing.LateSet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean OptimisticSet, Boolean RValueBase, CallType CallType)
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBind ing.LateSet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments)
    at NIST_Test.frmNIST.frmNIST_FormClosed(Object sender, FormClosedEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9040 (WinRelRS5.050727-9000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    NIST_Test
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Hexagon/NISTTest/NIST_Test.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.9031 (WinRelRS5.050727-9000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9040 (WinRelRS5.050727-9000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9038 (WinRelRS5.050727-9000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.9031 (WinRelRS5.050727-9000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Interop.PCDLRN
    Assembly Version: 14.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Hexagon/NISTTest/Interop.PCDLRN.DLL
    Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel
    Assembly Version: 14.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.0.4756.1000
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel/14.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box. nist test error 2.png

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mckenzie View Post
    Don Ruggieri
    just tried the test on 2019 R2. got the same error A-machine-insp got.
    Did you start 2019 R2 as administrator first, and then closed it, before running the NIST program? Every time you want to change which PC-DMIS version should be controlled by external software, you need to let *that* version of PC-DMIS write its info into the Windows Registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PCDLRN.Application, which it tries to do on every start, but is only successful when running as admin.

AndersI
    SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

• mckenzie
      mckenzie commented
      Editing a comment
      yes i opened 2019R2 as administrator then closed it then ran the nist test as administrator.

• A-machine-insp
      A-machine-insp commented
      Editing a comment
      AndersI I have done the same too with the same results.

As the error message posted by mckenzie mentions latebinding, I'd try what AndersI suggests above and then run the NIST test for 2019 R2 again.
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP4

Comment

• mckenzie
      mckenzie commented
      Editing a comment
      im trying it again this morining

Don Ruggieri vpt.se

opened 2019R2 as as admin
    closed 2019R2
    opened nist test as admin
    after clicking parse selected directories it opened 2019R2 and started filling in the edit window with features then after about 20 it crashed and gave the error

sent error report
    sigpic

Comment

• Don Ruggieri
      Don Ruggieri commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you. As for the crash, did you fill out the e-mail and/or comment fields? What e-mail did you use, it is case sensitive. OR, what is your EID or portlock # so I can check it out?

• A-machine-insp
      A-machine-insp commented
      Editing a comment
      Don Ruggieri just FYI, I am not getting a DMIS crash with mine.

• Don Ruggieri
      Don Ruggieri commented
      Editing a comment
      I did find some of the crash reports in our system, but they are not telling me that much just yet. It did lead me to another question though. For those seeing the crash, is your edit window set to Summary Preview mode? If so, please disable that and try again with command mode.

Don Ruggieri so changing from summary mode to command mode the test ran on 2019R2. although the results had 9 errors nist test summary errors.png
    sigpic

Comment

• mckenzie
      mckenzie commented
      Editing a comment
      ran the test after clearing out the temp folder. the first 6 errors were identical the last three were for different features

• Don Ruggieri
      Don Ruggieri commented
      Editing a comment
      working on that, one more note for the case of 2019 R2, make sure the home page is disabled. We will preset this when we deliver the 2019 R2 app

• A-machine-insp
      A-machine-insp commented
      Editing a comment
      Don Ruggieri I was wondering about the homepage. I was about to try it with it disabled then every CNC in the shop turned in an FAI part (at least it seemed that way).

So - Don Ruggieri are we seeing issues related to (generated by/because of) the new summary mode and home page in R2?
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP4

Comment

• mckenzie
      mckenzie commented
      Editing a comment
      A-machine-insp you have to open a program to get to the settings (F5) dialogue box. when you uncheck "show home page" (which is second to last in the list) close the program and it should go back to the usual gray screen and not the new home page

• A-machine-insp
      A-machine-insp commented
      Editing a comment
      mckenzie I found it. As soon as I read "F5" I knew right where it would be. I just never looked for it there.

• mckenzie
      mckenzie commented
      Editing a comment
      A-machine-insp i didn't either. looked it up in the help files

Don Ruggieri I tried what mckenzie did and I am getting the same error as before. I did not get a DMIS crash and I haven't had it crash from this since I first started this discussion.
    "Do what I want you to do, not what I tell you to do."

-Me

Comment

• Don Ruggieri
      Don Ruggieri commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, let me rephrase my line of questioning. I believe you said you are NOT getting a PC-DMIS crash, but can you confirm that PC-DMIS is still running when (and after) you get this error?

• A-machine-insp
      A-machine-insp commented
      Editing a comment
      Don Ruggieri I watch it start the NIST program in DMIS but when I make a selection on the error window, DMIS closes but no crash.

• mckenzie
      mckenzie commented
      Editing a comment
      for clarification on my errors. i was able to repeatably create the issues independent of each other (the crash and rpc error).
      the test only crashed when summary mode was active.
      the RPC error was caused by the home page being enabled.

when run with command mode active and the home page enabled i got the rpc error Pcdmis would close when i clicked to clear the rpc error
      with summary mode active and home page disabled the software would crash.

I wanted to let you know I did not forget about this, we are still working on it. We are testing both PC-DMIS 219 R1 and R2, with WIndows 7 and Windows 10, and making sure that all combinations of apps and operating systems perform as expected. What we learn will be retrofit to the NIST 2019 R1 app as well as delivered with the NIST 2019 R2 app. I do believe we will have something available before the end of this coming week.

Comment