Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Font text size

Good morning All.

I need all your help Please. How can I change the font size of the "Comment Text" size.

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

Try going to Preferences - Edit Window - Fonts to change the size. I not sure you can change it but try there first.
    Darroll
    2018R2

Comment

Thank you Darrollh. It does not work. I just want the comment text is standout on the reports.

Comment

Just looked around 2018R2. Doesn't seem to be an obvious way to adjust this.

Comment

Maybe try going into the Settings Editor. Sorry I wasn’t much help.
          Darroll
          2018R2

Comment

I don't think there is any [documented] way to change the font for comments in reports. I write [documented], as different Edit Window Color layouts give comments different *colors* in the Report, even though I can't find where to change that inside PC-DMIS...

What you *can* do with comment text is to precede the text with ~~1 (blue), ~~2 (black), ~~3 (gray), ~~4 (red), to change the color of the text. Try the following:

Code:
            COMMENT/REPT,
                        Using ~ for different things in comments
                        ~~1 one
                        ~~2 two
                        ~~3 three
                        ~~4 four ~~
                        more text on the same ~~1 line ~~3 as ~~4 four
            TildeComment.PNG
            AndersI
            SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

• anthony.alfaro
              anthony.alfaro commented
              Editing a comment
              wow. I had no idea this was a thing.

Man, PC-DMIS is so horribly under-documented.

• givemeabreak
              givemeabreak commented
              Editing a comment
              that is great!
              had no idea either

The ~~number I knew was documented in the Help, but I remembered wrong about comment color in general - it is also documented:

CommentColor.PNG

CommentColorSet.PNG
            AndersI
            SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

you could also edit the report template you are using (for example TEXTONLY.RTP). There is a Font property which controls all text that will be placed on the report.

FontProperty.PNG

You could make it larger but will also effect any other non-label text information on the report.
              LargeText.PNG

Comment

Originally posted by SABarber View Post
                you could also edit the report template you are using (for example TEXTONLY.RTP). There is a Font property which controls all text that will be placed on the report.

FontProperty.PNG

You could make it larger but will also effect any other non-label text information on the report.
                LargeText.PNG
                I've gotten to TEXTONLY.RTP, but how do I access the Properties for it?

I've tried 2018R2 and 2017R2 and gotten nowhere close to what you're showing.

Comment

• SABarber
                  SABarber commented
                  Editing a comment
                  After selecting the report to edit, right click inside the report and select Properties. The property window should display.

Originally posted by AndersI View Post
                I don't think there is any [documented] way to change the font for comments in reports. I write [documented], as different Edit Window Color layouts give comments different *colors* in the Report, even though I can't find where to change that inside PC-DMIS...

What you *can* do with comment text is to precede the text with ~~1 (blue), ~~2 (black), ~~3 (gray), ~~4 (red), to change the color of the text. Try the following:

Code:
                COMMENT/REPT,
                Using ~ for different things in comments
                ~~1 one
                ~~2 two
                ~~3 three
                ~~4 four ~~
                more text on the same ~~1 line ~~3 as ~~4 four
                TildeComment.PNG
                Tried it. Didn't work. The second graphic you give in the post just beneath this one shows "01", "02", etc. Will try that and get back to you...

Edit: Success! Note to those that follow: no spaces required after ~~04. That just moves the comment off the left margin.

Thanks, Anders!
                Last edited by Quality ish; 08-29-2019, 10:52 PM.

Comment