Best way to check cylindricity?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best way to check cylindricity?

    What would be the best way to check 0.35 cylindricity inside plastic tube, 240 mm length, wall thickness 1.5 mm, inside diameter 35 mm? I only have touch trigger scanning capability. I don't think I can build 10 inches long probe and get accurate results.

  • #2
    If the tube is open on both ends then you only need a 5" long probe, still your accuracy will be an issue. You will want to build it with carbon fiber or ceramic extensions and an extended force module to keep it from false triggers.
    PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

    Jeff

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Schrocknroll View Post
      If the tube is open on both ends then you only need a 5" long probe, still your accuracy will be an issue. You will want to build it with carbon fiber or ceramic extensions and an extended force module to keep it from false triggers.
      I only have TP2, no option for extended force module. Also tube is fully open from one end, the other end has only 21 mm diameter opening.
      Last edited by marcc; 08-28-2019, 09:52 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        The TP2 can be extended over 11", you have to watch the accuracy and weight though. Some light weight extensions should be okay. You can always run it slow to prevent false triggers and you can flip the part halfway through the program to measure the entire tube.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JacobCheverie View Post
          The TP2 can be extended over 11", you have to watch the accuracy and weight though. Some light weight extensions should be okay. You can always run it slow to prevent false triggers and you can flip the part halfway through the program to measure the entire tube.
          Thank you, will try.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by marcc View Post

            I only have TP2, no option for extended force module. Also tube is fully open from one end, the other end has only 21 mm diameter opening.
            There is an adjustment screw in the bottom of the TP2, as least there used to be, that you can tighten and loosen the spring tension.
            PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

            Jeff

            Comment

            Related Topics

            Collapse

            Working...
            X