Adding Material Thickness Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Material Thickness Issue

Measuring a sheet metal part and having an issue adding material thickness. To clarify my CAD is full (includes material thickness). I am measuring one side of the part but need to report the opposite side. The material is 1 MM thick. I enter -1 for theo material thickness and the nominal changes to the desired value. The issue is that the measured value is not reflecting the additional 1 MM. To test I dimensioned the feature after measurement and also created a point on the measured side with no material thickness adjustment and measured and dimensioned it. I am getting the same measured value for both but the features have different nominal values. TIA for any help here.

I am not @ the CMM to test but unless the function was changed with newer versions, you need to enter the "Actual" to automatically subtract the material thick (1.0 mm) per CAD.
    sigpicIt's corona time!
    737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

I could not get it to work correctly using "theo". I just recently programmed a part where I only had CAD for the bottom surface and I used "theo" and added a positive material thickness. It worked great.

For this part I had to end up using "actual" with a positive value for the thickness and got the desired result. I would have expected to have to have used a negative value. Something doesn't seem right as for this part as I explained before when using "theo" and a negative value the nominal reflected what I wanted but the material thickness wasn't being added to the measured result.

Thanks Roberto for your reply.

Comment