Reporting issues after updating to Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting issues after updating to Windows 10

I'm running on PC-Dmis 2019 R1 and we just updated to Windows 10. Since then when I go to save reports it is showing an extra screen that it never used to after I hit the OK button to save it. We save our reports as PDF's and all of our settings are as they used to be. I've added pictures of the screen I'm talking about. The first picture is how we've always done it by just pressing OK on this screen and it will save, the second is what is popping up now forcing me to search for the right folder again and save it as the same name again. Anyone have a clue what's wrong?
    Attached Files

Do you have a pound symbol/hashtag symbol in your file name? Don't. Get rid of it. I'm not certain that's the issue, but first thing that jumped out to me.

Comment

• glancy
      glancy commented
      Editing a comment
      We've always used # signs and never had any problems. I got rid of it and its still doing the same thing.

See if this link helps.

https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...-print-command

The double dialog when using "Prompt" is because you don't have enough access rights to the Registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\PC-DMIS 50 Converter

The "Output File name" even in "Auto" mode indicates you don't have enough access rights to the folder you're trying to write

Comment

• glancy
      glancy commented
      Editing a comment
      We use "Overwrite", it used to be defaulted but now everything is defaulted to "Append". It doesn't seem to matter which one its on I still get the double prompt. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by not having enough access rights. Do you mean we don't have enough access to the folder we're saving to or do you mean that for some reason we've lost rights to the existing folder that exports the files? Either way updating to Windows 10 wouldn't have changed any of our access rights as far as I know.

• AndersI
      AndersI commented
      Editing a comment
      No, it's a problem of access rights in the Windows Registry - you need full access to HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\PC-DMIS 50 Converter to get rid of that extra file dialog (because the PDF driver (or PC-DMIS) wants to save the file name in that key). If the above doesn't mean anything to you, you need assistance from your IT people. It might be good to have the PC-DMIS ReadMe.PDF available for them to read - it's located in the /en subfolder of the folder where PC-DMIS is installed.
      Last edited by AndersI; 08-21-2019, 09:36 AM.

• glancy
      glancy commented
      Editing a comment
      Talked to IT and he said I have full rights to everything he even went through to make sure I was an Admin and everything. We're thinking its a bug with PC-DMIS communicating with Windows 10. Any other ideas?

I've also noticed that I can't program in the backround when a program finishes. I have to close the program i'm working on or else PC-DMIS will crash. It wont let me put points on the program i'm working on then when I close that program and try to open a report or do anything at all on the main program none of the buttons will work. My only option is to try to shut down PC-DMIS and let it crash then rerun the program. I've got a feeling PC-DMIS and Windows 10 just aren't getting along right now. I hope there is a patch soon.

Comment

Originally posted by glancy View Post
      I've also noticed that I can't program in the backround when a program finishes. I have to close the program i'm working on or else PC-DMIS will crash. It wont let me put points on the program i'm working on then when I close that program and try to open a report or do anything at all on the main program none of the buttons will work. My only option is to try to shut down PC-DMIS and let it crash then rerun the program. I've got a feeling PC-DMIS and Windows 10 just aren't getting along right now. I hope there is a patch soon.
      A fresh re-install of PcDmis might be the solution. It has worked for me most of the time.
      PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
      Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

• glancy
        glancy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I might stay over tonight and try it. It's crashed on me 4 times like ive explained just this afternoon. Very frustrating as we are running behind and i'm forced to rerun parts for no reason.

If the behavior is like you describe it - extra file dialog when creating PDF, PC-DMIS crashing, etc. - the problem is almost certainly access rights, either to Registry keys HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\PC-DMIS 50 Converter (for the PDF problem), HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Hexagon\PC-DMIS (for a number of other things) or to the folder(s) where you or PC-DMIS are trying to write files.

Do note that being set up as "local admin" on the computer does *not* automatically give you those rights when you login, you need to "Run as administrator" to excercise those rights. What your IT person must do is to set the access rights correctly, not for "admin" users, but for your normal login.

Crashing could also be caused by the graphics card (check under Edit -> Preferences -> OpenGL… that PC-DMIS is actually *using* your graphics card and not some "Integrated graphics") or too little RAM in the computer (I wouldn't run W10 + PC-DMIS in less than 8GB RAM, preferrably more).
      Last edited by AndersI; 08-23-2019, 05:02 AM.
      AndersI
      SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

• glancy
        glancy commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm to the point where I cant run anything now. It crashes every time I run a part. I'm trying to get ahold of my IT guy now.

• glancy
        glancy commented
        Editing a comment
        I've got 16 GB RAM on this computer. I'm confused to the whole admin thing. Theres an account on this computer that doesent get used that is a local admin and there are 2 accounts that are admins, one for the CMM and one for the IT guy.

A very likely thing that happened is during the migration Windows changed printer settings for the Amyuni printer and it has hosed the install. Inside your PC-DMIS install directory there is a PDFDriverInstallFiles folder that contains a readme and the necessary files to correct this. You should also verify that windows doesn't have the Amyuni printer selected as the default printer.

Beyond that also, Andersl is correct. You most likely also have an issue with registry permissions that your IT department will need to correct.
      Systems Integrator
      Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment

• Peter Fuller
        Peter Fuller commented
        Editing a comment
        Also, if you correct the driver install problems and crashing persists there is a good chance your Windows profile is corrupted. Try running PC-DMIS as a different user and see if this corrects the crashing issue.

• glancy
        glancy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, I will try this

• MetsoMetrology
        MetsoMetrology commented
        Editing a comment
        The directions in the PDFDriverInstallFiles folder worked for me.