Scan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scan

I been practicing off and on to scan and use it to my advantage. Using CAD on some scans and some I do not have a CAD. I was giving a bearing race, so I created a few scans using circles and it worked out fine, now my boss wants the flatness of a plane. So my question is how can I measure a Z-Plane that's about .125 wide around the top of the bearing race. It's laying flat on my sine plate and the plane I want to measure is parallel to the sine plate and about 5 inched in diameter x .125 wide. Thanks
    sigpic

What I like to do is FreeForm.

Capture.JPG

click your path, don't put your points to far apart. Once your done choosing your points. click on that >> button

Capture1.JPG

Then click generate and then ADD Path, and create. Don't forget to set your settings in the Advanced Tab

Capture2.JPG

What I do
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

why not just create a plane on the cad model where you are going to measure and then utilize the Flatness dimension?

Comment

• AuRules
        AuRules commented
        Editing a comment
        I want to take a large amount of points.

Think that there is a radial scan plane option in Auto Plane, under the Measurement Strategy Editor, assuming you have a fairly recent version. Same place as Kirby's solution. Don't remember if it's stitch or analogue scan.

Comment

you can do a auto plane but choose radial pattern RADIAL PLANE SCAN Capture.JPG
        Michael A Wildschutz Sr
        I Walk on The WildSide
        "To Each is Own"

Comment

• AuRules
          AuRules commented
          Editing a comment
          That's for TTP one hit at a time are does it scan because I'm using for all my scans a SP600 probe head

Thanks for all the input so far, fixing to sit down and try this booger
        sigpic

Comment

• kingsld1
          kingsld1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Snot as hard as it looks.....

Has anyone used a Rotary Scan
        sigpic

Comment

Autoplane using Adaptive Plane Circle Scan as the measurement strategy. Use one ring at the diameter you need.

It's basically like Michael said, but the rotary part isn't needed. The measurement strategy will define the path.
          PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

• AuRules
            AuRules commented
            Editing a comment
            Being I align the part with a TP200 and the swap to a scan head SP600 will this Adaptive Plane Circle Scan , scan or touch points. I asking now because when I get caught up I'm going to work on it.

• Schrocknroll
            Schrocknroll commented
            Editing a comment
            The Loadprobe command will tell PC-DMIS that you are using a SP600, if it's properly defined. This should allow you to do scanning.

• AuRules
            AuRules commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Schrocknroll

Thanks everyone for their input, I got it done and it's running good. The only problem was the TTP and the Scan. I figured out it was the machine, one has the capability of scanning and one does not. So when I came to the other machine with the SCAN probe SP600M it recognized it and gave me more options and I used the one ya'll recommended and it's moving. Thanks again.
          sigpic

Comment

• Schrocknroll
            Schrocknroll commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for posting your final resolution to your problem.