PC-DMIS starts and immediately shuts down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-DMIS starts and immediately shuts down.

I have been out for a couple weeks, started my old DEA, opened PC DMIS, machined homed fine, when I go to open a file my usual file folder that has all my programs it does not show up. I went to my backup drive, program starts and then program ( PC-DMIS) disappears like I have hit the exit button.

and what is so unusual about this? It's as dependable as flying an airplane.

tumblr_mm6vz8Yx3B1qkeepto2_500[1].gif
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
      KIRBSTER269 commented
      Editing a comment
      open up your Task Manager End all processes related to PC-DMIS or PCD, start it up again.

rename this file

C:\Users"user_name"\AppData\Local\Hexagon\PC-DMIS"PC-DMIS_Version"\MessageBoxOptions.dat

see if it helps
    Last edited by Don Ruggieri; 08-06-2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• lcrowston
      lcrowston commented
      Editing a comment
      How do I find the file? I have not had to do this yet.

Thank you Don, another weird thing that happened it my report format changed, I had my company logo on page 1 and now it's back to PC DMIS. form looks entirely different.

Comment

Originally posted by lcrowston View Post
      Thank you Don, another weird thing that happened it my report format changed, I had my company logo on page 1 and now it's back to PC DMIS. form looks entirely different.
      Any Demon updates installed lately? I've asked since forever that when an update is installed, please give us a check box option to install or leave the reporting folder. Yeah, I backup them every update, but still.......
      And also....are your correct paths still...uh... correct?

Comment

I have to check on that sealevel. I have been out for 2 weeks, the only updates have been for the Windows operating system.

Comment

I was on the phone with Hexagon tech for 3 hours Friday trying to figure this mess out. He was saying this original desktop had Win 7 installed, when Win 10 was installed CMMXYZ did a bad job. Permissions were not set correctly among other things. Win 10 did an update the Friday before I left. This update made a mess. The tech suggested a new install.

Comment

I had to add a new user and reinstall PC DMIS. Program became corrupt after Win 10 update, Hex tech found multiple things wrong with program when it was updated from Win 7 to Win 10. This occurred prior to delivery to my facility.

Comment

• louisd
              louisd commented
              Editing a comment
              liked the update, not the drama you had to endure.:-O