Programming From Home

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Programming From Home

    I have had some family issues that have come up requesting time off of work intermittently, so in order not to be buried in PPAPS etc... when I return after having to step away for a day or etc... can I program from home offline so when I get back to work I can just transfer the program to online and run everything? I have a plugin in my office computer at work where I am the administrator and online is done, we also have a plugin hasp for offline so can I just plug this in at home and be good to go? I included a photo below of what I get after downloading on my home computer, any help would be great since I am the only one at my job that programs its a smaller company.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    If you have the dongle, select Hasp. If you have a code, select license.
    Darroll
    2018R2

    Comment


    • zoolander303
      zoolander303 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good so after I plug in the dongle everything should be good to go? I am not linked up to my works C or P drive from my home computer so if i use the dongle at home and save what do you save to on their so nothing is lost after creating a new program from home because at work my programs are save on the p drive.

    • louisd
      louisd commented
      Editing a comment
      Note, this will only work if your hasp dongle is associated with an OFFLINE SEAT. if you unplug hasp from an online seat, you need machine response and proper homing before you can use the SW. I've heard of people using remote-access software to remote-into an online seat, if the latter is your case.

  • #3
    Plug in the dongle, install and you're set.
    Darroll
    2018R2

    Comment


    • #4
      Can you access a Microsoft One Drive or Google Drive or something similar from both work and home? USB drive are also really cheap these days as well.

      Feel for you. I've had to request to do programming at home. I also work 4 ten hour days that I'm allowed to shift as needed.

      Comment


      • #5
        Originally posted by kingsld1 View Post
        Can you access a Microsoft One Drive or Google Drive or something similar from both work and home? USB drive are also really cheap these days as well.

        Feel for you. I've had to request to do programming at home. I also work 4 ten hour days that I'm allowed to shift as needed.
        We have a one drive we use for sharing at work, but all of our cad and drawings are in our P drive, along with my PCDMIS programs. The only thing I was thinking was if I plugged in the hasp at work imported my cad to the offline program before leaving, and then just access the prints from home through one drive? So I downloaded 2018 R2 at my house on my desktop, so as darollh said I just use the hasp and I am good to go?

        Comment


        • #6
          Originally posted by zoolander303 View Post

          We have a one drive we use for sharing at work, but all of our cad and drawings are in our P drive, along with my PCDMIS programs. The only thing I was thinking was if I plugged in the hasp at work imported my cad to the offline program before leaving, and then just access the prints from home through one drive? So I downloaded 2018 R2 at my house on my desktop, so as darollh said I just use the hasp and I am good to go?
          That's pretty much what I do. Highly recommend at least a dual monitor setup. Print on one monitor, PC Dmis on the other. If you can do it, a third monitor for your edit window. Save your work in stages so that you can say this much of the program was done when I left work and I got this much done. Save program to two different places, the normal CYA stuff

          Comment


          • #7
            Even if you didn't have dongle or hasp, couldn't you write code in word or notepad and copy and paste it onto a flash drive, then reverse the process when at the CMM?


            BTW, hope your home life works itself out as you hope. Good luck.

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by Quality ish View Post
              Even if you didn't have dongle or hasp, couldn't you write code in word or notepad and copy and paste it onto a flash drive, then reverse the process when at the CMM?


              BTW, hope your home life works itself out as you hope. Good luck.
              Never thought of that honestly, could you maybe explain a little more on how you would write the code for a cad if i use auto features, and scans usually? Yeah thanks I appreciate it
              Quality ish just trying to keep things balanced best I can but getting swamped with programs at work.

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by kingsld1 View Post

                That's pretty much what I do. Highly recommend at least a dual monitor setup. Print on one monitor, PC Dmis on the other. If you can do it, a third monitor for your edit window. Save your work in stages so that you can say this much of the program was done when I left work and I got this much done. Save program to two different places, the normal CYA stuff
                Yeah, speaking of saving programs, I save everything to the p drive at work but I created a backup folder holding all the programs in the p drive as well just in case do you do the same as far as two different places goes? Glad I did because the IT guy updated my computer with 2018 friday and I went to open a program i use pretty consistently and it said error bad archive i believe, then asked would you like to open copy of program in other folder, I clicked yes all was good but I don't get why that would happen? Also not sure what you use but since friday in 2018 R2 every time I F9 in a feature control frame, program goes unresponsive and closes, weird.......

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by zoolander303 View Post

                  Never thought of that honestly, could you maybe explain a little more on how you would write the code for a cad if i use auto features, and scans usually? Yeah thanks I appreciate it
                  Quality ish just trying to keep things balanced best I can but getting swamped with programs at work.
                  LOL. You're really barking up the wrong tree there, brother. I program by touching off parts and making sure my vectors and nominals are what they're supposed to be. I don't have access to CAD. Wish I did, but that's not my lot in life, apparently.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by Quality ish View Post

                    LOL. You're really barking up the wrong tree there, brother. I program by touching off parts and making sure my vectors and nominals are what they're supposed to be. I don't have access to CAD. Wish I did, but that's not my lot in life, apparently.
                    gotcha lol, I program without cad sometimes, but its been very rare lately.

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X