Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Feature Cylinder

Another rookie question...

I'm programming a part with external radii. when I use Auto Features on the model, they come up as cylinders. The problem I'm having is that when the radius origin is the center of the part, the probe moves to the center of the part, then tries to go through the part to measure the radius. Is there an adjustment to keep this from happening? I don't see anything when I F9 the feature in my program.

I'm using 2018 R2.

Thanks!

You have avoidance moves turned on at the bottom right 2nd tab from right side avoidance move Capture.JPG
    Michael A Wildschutz Sr
    I Walk on The WildSide
    "To Each is Own"

Comment

Avoidance move would be my guess too. I never use avoidance move and 2018 default avoidance move to on. Drives me nuts.

Other than that, is your ID/OD setting correct? Cad models sometimes break when imported into pcdmis and the surface vector gets reversed.

Comment

• andrewb91
        andrewb91 commented
        Editing a comment
        You can use the Measurement Strategy Editor to default them to OFF.

• Sora5
        Sora5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oooh. I never played with the MSE. I had to look in the help file just to locate where that is! Thanks for the tip! I'll have to spend some time touring around in there to see what conveniences I can make default.

Yep, avoidance was on. Now my next question. Why would having avoidance turned on do this? I thought that feature was to keep from dragging the probe through the part.

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
        KIRBSTER269 commented
        Editing a comment
        You may have the vector pointing in the wrong direction. You may have avoidance distance set to low. Are you using a clearance plane? clearing the plane in the wrong direction. Always observe the green lines when creating a feature

Avoidance moves on outer diameters didnt always work correctly they have since fixed it.It now works on outer diameters just not sure what version they actually corrected it
      Michael A Wildschutz Sr
      I Walk on The WildSide
      "To Each is Own"

Comment

It moves the probe the stated distance along the surface vector either BEFORE, AFTER, or BOTH measuring the feature.
        153010 Global Advantage w/ LSPX1H_T Analog Probe
        7107 Global Classic TP20
        2019R1 SP1 CAD++

Comment

Thanks!

Comment