Move Z?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move Z?

sorry for the beginner question here but i cant seem to figure it out or find anything about it...

i was wondering if there is a way to take my program and simply just move Z down 0.100

we have electrodes that we use and then re cut in increments of 0.100 and the boss wants me to be able to re check them
    every time they are re cut. and for some reason i am just at a complete loss on how to shift my Z value in my program...

Thank you ahead of time!

1. Put the cursor just after the last feature you want to move, and insert a new alignment that recalls the current alignment.
    2. Put the cursor just before the first feature you want to move. Insert a new alignment and offset Z -.100. Choose 'No' to leave the dependent commands unchanged.
    3. Delete the alignment you just created in step 2. This time Choose 'Yes' to convert the dependent commands to the new coordinate system.
    4. Delete recall alignment at the end of the features that you put it on step 1.

Comment

Set a manual hit on the top of the part, set it to zero.

If your measurements are set to be x.xx from that surface you don't need to do anything.

Comment

ASSIGN/DOWN_VAL=-0.1at the start, and add +DOWN_VAL to each theo ant target value of Z in your prog.

Comment

• TomCat
          TomCat commented
          Editing a comment
          do you mind giving me an example? and would this be before or after the alignment? im assuming before seeing as i want to move the entire program? thank you!
      widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X