Machine freeze after minor crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine freeze after minor crash

I am running a new Global S with 2018 R2 SP7 and a Leitz scanning probe. Every time I have a minor crash / probe gets stuck on a surface, the machine freezes and I have to reboot the entire system to get it to move again. If I turn off the drives and restart them, I can move the machine manually, but as soon as I try to measure with the software, the machine does not respond and I must turn it off and home it to get it working again. Anyone else have this issue? If so, have you found a way to get the machine to respond without having to home it every time it happens? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Yeah I have issues with this new global S doing this. Sometimes I have to re-home it. I'm not sure if I would say crash, mine occurs when I am doing a manual alignment and I have a scanner head attached to mine, When I touch it to fast, kinda tends to over travel, because I don't use turtle mode when doing so, anyways what works sometimes is of course move it away from the part manually, and after you hit the machine start button and even though its lit up green still not moving, hit your emergency button and of course release the emergency button on the controller, and hit the machine start button again. This doesn't work 100% all the time, but it seems to work for me most of the time.
    Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 07-30-2019, 09:23 AM.
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

It hasn't worked for me. After hitting the estop, I can move the machine manually, but not DCC. It's a pain, because I am measuring some really tight spaces (.063" width) and if it's off slightly, the probe will stick on the surface. I then have to start the machine, home it and start all over. Very annoying! lol!

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
        KIRBSTER269 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your new machine is more of a piece of s_h_i_t than my new machine. sorry I wasn't much help.

I have a Global Advantage and it does the same thing. What I do is move the probe with my hand until it lights up. When it does, I move the probe using the job box. It's a pain in the bottom.
      Darroll
      2018R2

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
        KIRBSTER269 commented
        Editing a comment
        unfortunately these new machines don't act like the older ones for some reason.

I would contact service and see about having the latest firmware installed. I have seen improvements with the newest firmware and this type of issue.
      Systems Integrator
      Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment

• louisd
        louisd commented
        Editing a comment
        we have a global s and were experiencing the same issues. firmware update fixed it.

Thanks! I will check with service and see about getting the firmware updated. I hope that is the problem. Thanks again for all the input!

Comment

I'm 99% sure the firmware will fix it. We also made sure that all PCDMIS access directories had full ADMIN privileges to them, including the registry keys, per a file our sales guy provided to us (copied below). This in addition to the outdated firmware was the source of a bunch of hardware integration havoc.

Registry keys:
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\WAI
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WAI
        HKEY_USERS\.Default\Software\WAI

Windows Paths: (replace WAI with HEXAGON for newer versions of the demon)

32 bit OS
        C:\Program Files\WAI
        C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\WAI
        C:\ProgramData\WAI

64 bit OS

32 bit APP
        C:\Program Files (x86)\WAI

64 bit APP
        C:\Program Files \WAI

Comment

I've had to turn off the probe (top left button on jogbox), press the ring button so it lights up again, move the probe off of whatever it's contacting, and then turn the probe back on.

Only rarely have I had to shut down completely and reboot.

I'm on a 2016 model Global Performance, using the same operating system and scan head that you're using.

Comment

Leitz scanning probes: the "Probe Enable" toggle button on jogbox is no longer. It is now a "probe rebalance" toggle button.
            If you switch the probe off, like on a touch probe, it doesn't actually disable probing. Instead, it switches off the last homed zero point, so to speak, of the scanning head. When you turn it back on, it re-zero's at the head's current location. I don't understand it too well myself yet, but what I do know, is above. I was instructed by hex apps engineer to re-balance probe any time there's a crash or unexpected hit of any kind.

Comment

Interesting info louisd. I'll give that a try while I wait for a response from our service people.

Comment

I have heard many reports about problems related to the new DC controllers for simple things such as what was reported (240, 241, 800, RC1, ...). The E-Stop reset method seems to work for the majority of minor problems but not always. I would definitely look into a firmware update (version 15 is the latest as far as I know).

Comment

Guess It's time to update mine.

Capture.JPG

For those who want to know what their firmware is go to Internet Explorer and Type in

Capture.JPG
                  Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 07-31-2019, 05:43 PM.
                  (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
                  They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment