Probe build problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe build problem

I am having trouble with a probe build. I have a Ceramic 30mm x 1.5mm disk, this does not show up in the drop down, I had to install an m3 to m2 adapter to it which is not in the library.. I can only find a 25mmx1.5mm disk in the drop down.
    I have to use a 50mm extension with the build also My final Probe assembly is TP20, 50mm extension, M3 to M2 adapter then the 30 mm x 1.5 mm disk.Is there any way to add specific tips or adapters to the library?

what thread is the disk probe?
    Last edited by acgarcia; 07-11-2019, 03:05 PM.

Comment

The adapter is from the M3 threads on disk to M2 extension,

Comment

TP20, 50mm extension, M3 to M2 adapter then the 30 mm x 1.5 mm disk. Is there any way to add specific tips or adapters to the library?
        .Connect: PROBETP20
        . Connect: EXTEN40MM
        . Connect:EXTEN10MM
        . Connect: CONVERT_TO_M3THRD
        . Connect: EXTEN5MM (MAKE ONE IF YOU NEED TO)
        . Tip#1:TIP1.5BY25MMDISK

On this forum, you can search for "custom probe" and will get a few posts on how to use USRPROBE.DAT and PROBE.DAT file.
        (like this one) https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...w-custom-probe

You can do one of two things:
        Create the M3 EXTEN5MM extension by copying another extension and changing the value from for example 10mm to 5.
        or
        Copy the M3 TIP1.5BY25MMDISK you found, paste a copy, rename pasted copy to TIP1.5BY30MMDISK and change the length value +5.
        if you do the latter, you won't need the EXTEN5mm of course.

Ceramic, CF, SS is just a color code for appearance reasons within the probe utility. As long as the dimensional characteristics are correct, the "material type" for the extensions and stlyi tips are irrelevant.
        Last edited by louisd; 07-11-2019, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• lcrowston
          lcrowston commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks louisd, I have not had a chance to use the USRPROBE.DAT or PROBE.DAT files, it will be a good learning experience.

After reviewing the procedure for making a new probe file I am at a loss, I don't know what they are describing, multiple settings I have never seen. Is this covered in a Level 1 or Level 2 course at Hex?

Comment

• acgarcia
          acgarcia commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t think it’s covered during any courses. It’s all forum help. Post what u have and someone can chime in.

• louisd
          louisd commented
          Editing a comment
          not sure if its covered in hexu, but if you f1 help search: the help contents do a really good job of guiding ya