Global S Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global S Chrome

Does anybody here know the max movement speed on the Global S Chrome? Max scanning speed? I am trying to compare machines but cannot find this information in all of the brochures.

I have our Chrome move speed set at 500mm/sec and I am scanning 4.5 inch bores at 90mm/sec. I am told there is no defined upper limit on scan speed. I use feature form evaluation on all scanned features as the scan speeds are increased to ensure no measurement error in form occurs between scanning at a safe speed and then at an increased speed. BTW, it moves so fast that I use a preprogrammed safety point to ensure the correct part is located at the correct location on the CMM before executing the program at lightning speed. So far, no crashes have occurred.

Comment

Probe_101 That sounds great, I did end up finding the info on max move speed and they say 860 mm/s.....Do you see that as possible/practical on your Global? Also, when you say feature form evaluation what are you referring to? Is this built into PCDMIS?

Comment

• Probe_101
        Probe_101 commented
        Editing a comment
        By feature form evaluation, is just reporting circularity on a circle or cylindricity on a cylinder or by checking the form checkbox on your dimension output. It should give you the RN for the feature.

Do you have a fabreeka system under it? if so, your accel parameters are stuck at 500, max speed can still be 500. If you don't have fabreeka, you can set accel to 2000 and really watch it fly. I let PCDMIS autofeature strategy determine scan speeds, but haven't seen it push more than 20mm/s, but my parts are tiny (everything is less than 6")

Comment

louisd No fabreeka. Would you recommend fabreeka/low speed over no fabreeka/high speed?

Comment

• louisd
          louisd commented
          Editing a comment
          Avoid coupling a global S Chrome with a fabreeka system. Just get a Global S blue instead if you absolutely need vibration isolation.

• JacobCheverie
          JacobCheverie commented
          Editing a comment
          louisd We don't need the isolation. So should I be fine to get Chrome and set to 860 mm/s when I get comfortable with the speed?

• louisd
          louisd commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm pretty sure our machine's FDC settings were hard-coded to 500 mm/sec max with the fabreeka system installed. we bought the Ferrari, but can't pass the 20 year old Yugo (B&S advantage) in the other room. lol.

Here is where the form is checked on the dimension output. I will have to check my settings registry to see what the max acceleration and speed are set at on ours. We don't have the vibration isolation on ours.
        https://www.pcdmisforum.com/image/pn...BJRU5ErkJggg==

Comment

What differences are there where accuracy is concerned? I've always thought that if I scan too fast, somehow my measurements might be compromised.

Comment

The chrome has a max speed of 860mm/sec when moving al three axis at the same time. The max speed per single axis is 500mm/sec. The max acceleration is 4300mm/sec when moving all three axis simultaneously but only 2500mm/sec on a single axis. The 500mm/sec and 2500mm/sec are what should be programmed in the settings editor.

Comment