2019 Quick Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Quick Features

Have a cylindrical bore, interrupted by two opposing keyways. When using quick features, I would like to use either cylinder or circle, but holding shift only selects half of the bore, I can not get a full circular feature to detect. Is there a trick?
    Browne & Sharpe Global Advantage 12|22|10
    PCD 2012 MR1 CAD++

Originally posted by Mike_B View Post
    Have a cylindrical bore, interrupted by two opposing keyways. When using quick features, I would like to use either cylinder or circle, but holding shift only selects half of the bore, I can not get a full circular feature to detect. Is there a trick?
    YES & NO. Since the surface is interrupted by the key, you will have to type in the start/end angles to get the whole hole.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post

YES & NO. Since the surface is interrupted by the key, you will have to type in the start/end angles to get the whole hole.
      That makes sense., Thanks!
      Browne & Sharpe Global Advantage 12|22|10
      PCD 2012 MR1 CAD++

Comment

Matthew D. Hoedeman Is there an issue doing this when it comes to a profile, for example? Would it be better to measure "each surface" independently and then construct a feature?

Comment

Have you tried clicking both half's without releasing shift key?

Comment