Recalling variables in report header from a form.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recalling variables in report header from a form.

I have a basic form created, that asks the operator to input the part serial number in what is EDITBOX1 on the form. Once in the program, ASSIGN/EDITBOX1="" and then ASSIGN/V_SN="" Over in the report label edit, I made sure its a text field where I then enter =variable("v_sn") and apply, close. Once I execute, the field does not populate. This worked for me in 2012, we just upgraded to 2019 this past week and I am just now trying this out.
    Browne & Sharpe Global Advantage 12|22|10
    PCD 2012 MR1 CAD++

You got the right report label? and you said apply, you mean you saved it right? open it back up and double check you have the right label, default label is FILE_HEADER.lbl
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by KIRBSTER269 View Post
      You got the right report label? and you said apply, you mean you saved it right? open it back up and double check you have the right label, default label is FILE_HEADER.lbl
      Yes, file header.lbl. applied, then saved, all the normal stuff. I can get it to recall tracefield data by entering =tracefield(1) but not my form data.
      PCD 2012 MR1 CAD++

Comment

Make sure "V_SN" is all capital letters, I'll double check mine in a few, I think I had to do this to make it stick
        (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
        They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
          KIRBSTER269 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's going to be a bit, make sure everything is CAPITAL

Ok, fixed it. Turns out during the transition, my sample program lost the section where I assigned parameters to the form value. So I left a gap in there. Got it now. Sheesh. Lots of steps to translate that form data to the report.
        PCD 2012 MR1 CAD++

Comment