Different vector , with the tip TIP / T1A30B-135, ANGLE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different vector , with the tip TIP / T1A30B-135, ANGLE.

Different vector when making a line and when making a point, with the tip TIP / T1A30B-135, ANGLE. Because ??? Thank you for the answers.
    Attached Files

Workplane if I had to guess with only a picture to go by.

Comment

SP25 has a mind of its own, that happens when the probe is too close to the part before taking a hit with joy stick.

Comment

I do not understand why the vector in the line is not perpendicular to the plane as in point, since I have not changed the position of the tip ... Thanks for the answers.

Comment

I would say that you selected the cad surface for the point and not for the line.
          A line is a measured line is a "2d feature", if you don't select the right plane or the right surface, the cmm can't know where to project the hits !

And the tip angle has nothing to see with the vector point or line...

Comment

I think if you measure the surface as a plane, then construct your line, you'll find the vectors will be consistent.

Comment

Do you have avoidance moves turned on? you might just be looking at the path line of the avoidance move, which is normal to probe vector.

Comment

Good Morning, I still do not understand why the vectors of the line are not perpendicular to the plane with the tip in angle, because with the tip in the vertical position the vectors of the same line are perpendicular to the plane ... thanks for the answers.

Comment

Maybe on the jogbox, you are in "probe" position, so the cmm moves along probe axes.
                  In this case, the line is perp to the probe. If A0B0, the line is perp to the plane and to the probe axes.

If you turn the part at 45° of cmm axes, take a point manually moving along Xaxis, the vector won't be perp to the surface.
                  If the feature needs a vector to be defined, the cmm can't know it if it's not defined by another way...
                  A CMM is not magic !

Comment

Ok .. Thanks

Comment

If you have CAD, use the virtual probe for measured features or use AUTO Features. With CAD, you don't need to drive the CMM manually create features. Its an inefficient waste of time. By creating a program this way, you need to fix vectors and change all kinds of feature nominals. By using the CAD you are creating a program to check a nominal part, by using an actual part, you are creating a program to check that "specific part" with all its flaws included.

Comment

Originally posted by Schlag View Post
                        If you have CAD, use the virtual probe for measured features or use AUTO Features. With CAD, you don't need to drive the CMM manually create features. Its an inefficient waste of time. By creating a program this way, you need to fix vectors and change all kinds of feature nominals. By using the CAD you are creating a program to check a nominal part, by using an actual part, you are creating a program to check that "specific part" with all its flaws included.
                        UNLESS you are 'programming' vector points (and you have CAD), then you can turn on POINT ONLY MODE and FIND NOMS (not FIND NOMS ON EXECUTE). This lets you program vector points manually to the cad data, VERY handy when you are trying to program around a bunch of fixture crap that you don't have cad for.
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by AndersI
                        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• Schlag
                          Schlag commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Good call. Thanks. I know we are in different camps on the Cad. I know you have responded that you don't have CAD most of the time, I personally, have never programmed a part on the CMM and have programmed from CAD 100% of the time. All kinds of tricks to overcome this type of thing.

OH, I HAVE cad, but only for the PART, I never get cad for the fixture (1 time out of 300 or so I might get fixture cad, but it usually isn't an exact match to the physical fixture)
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by AndersI
                        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment