Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I lock z for auto vector points?

Hello all,

I need to take a lot of points in the part I'm programming and it would be much easier and quicker if I could set the Z depth I want. Is there a quick way to do this?

Thanks!

Em

I assume your talking without a model?
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• EmilySue
      EmilySue commented
      Editing a comment
      No, with a model. (I answered wrong at first... since my brain read your question wrong.)

I only have about .080" of vertical wall to hit, so I want to hit about .020" below the top; get past the corner, but don't bottom out.)
      Last edited by EmilySue; 07-03-2019, 10:42 AM.

There's a script that can change all the THEOs to a specific number, like 0. Not sure where's it located though on the board.

Comment

I don't know if it would really be quicker, but you could bring any old CAD Model with a large enough flat surface to cover the area. Transform it to Zero, Take a bunch of points and then get rid of the model, You want to make your manual plane as big as you can and make it an outline plane so you can make your points inside that area.
      (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)

Comment

I may be misunderstanding the question, but...
        Could you take a point on the top of said "vertical wall" then for the other points set the Z location as PNT1.z.meas-.02
        Sheffield Endeavor3 9.20.8, Tesastar-SM, Leitz LSP-X1s & LSP-X1M, PCDMIS 2011 MR1

Comment

Paste with pattern

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
            KIRBSTER269 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah that to

• EmilySue
            EmilySue commented
            Editing a comment
            For the ones that have a pattern to them, I'm using this. Many of them don't repeat in x or y, so it's easier to just click then change the z.

Bring in a 2nd model and transform it however you want.

1 Model

Capture.JPG

See Both Models listed in Assembly, right click and transform that model by itself

Capture1.JPG

Shift it however you like

Capture3.JPG

Comment

Lots of good ideas! Thank you everyone!

Comment

Edge points can take points at a specific depth or height from a corner of a wall.
              Last edited by kingsld1; 07-03-2019, 12:09 PM.

Comment

You could use a linear scan, set the z heights on 1, d & 2 to -0.02, and then generate to points.
                Last edited by WM321; 07-03-2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I assign a variable to Z and manually enter on every point. Same as entering the value, except if that height doesn't work for some reason I can change all points at once by changing the variable

Comment