Newbie to rotary table/scanning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie to rotary table/scanning

New job, new machine with rotary table and scanning probes. Question is how to scan a T shape shaft with a planar base using a rotary table..

Any ideas, tips & tricks are welcome.

CMM is a Global S Blue 12-15-10 with RPI QSL 600 rotary table, HH-AS-T2.5 probe head and HP-S-X1h Scanning Probe.

Thanks
    Global S Blue 12.15.10 HH-AS-T2.5 / HP-S-X1h |PC-DMIS CAD++|Quindos7 CAD; Leitz Reference Xi 15.9.7

If you want a detailed answer, you gotta provide a detailed question.
    Since your question is at the 10,000ft level, here's a 10,000ft answer: Per the drawing requirements!

Without more info:a napkin sketch or a dimensional tolerance you are trying to attain, there isn't much more anyone can do to help you out.

Comment

This is a snip of the drawing, I need to measure datum A for alignment and inspect its flatness.
      Attached Files
      Global S Blue 12.15.10 HH-AS-T2.5 / HP-S-X1h |PC-DMIS CAD++|Quindos7 CAD; Leitz Reference Xi 15.9.7

Comment

Something as shown in this video (starting with 1:24 of the video). https://youtu.be/AyFtApBMJfY

Comment

You can't like it shows in the video.

By combining a Leitz Reference 4-axis CMM, HP-O Hybrid sensor, spin-scan and VHSS technologies with QUINDOS metrology software, Hexagon has created a high throughput and accuracy (HTA) solution capable of reducing cycle times by 40%.

Different hardware and software basically.

Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

• jleond
            jleond commented
            Editing a comment
            This CMM will use touch probes only, can PC-DMIS do spin-scans? These are the CMM specs:

Global S Blue 12.15.10, DC800C US, I/O Ready Controller, RPI QSL 600 Grade 1 Rotary Table, HH-AS-T2.5 / HP-S-X1h |PC-DMIS CAD++|Quindos7 CAD.

The intention is to run "simple" CMM routines with PC-DMIS special routines such as airfoil inspection with QUINDOS (training classes scheduled this month).

Leitz Reference CMM with HTA will come later this year.

• NinjaBadger
            NinjaBadger commented
            Editing a comment
            Ask Hexagon. I made the assumption based on that video being Quindos and I thought you were using PC-Dmis.

Seems you have (are getting) a bang up to date system, maybe you'll be able to do such wizardry!.

Persude your company to invest in training you well (and by that I mean multiple sessions) over the next year or so. The ROI will be worth it.

Pay for on-site training, get someone in who can show you how to utilise the full capabilities of the system, else it will be a waste!

You have to know if your cmm can scan in 4 axes.
          Very often on a classical cmm (not leitz controller), the rotary is only use to position the part, you can't measure during rotation...

Comment

• jleond
            jleond commented
            Editing a comment
            CMM will be installed in 2 weeks, I have to confirm with Hexagon if it can scan in 4 axes, in the meantime I´m programming offline..

Maybe you should direct your question to Hexagon? A Global S is newer, and the HP-S-X1 is an analog scanning probe (a darn good one too!)... You might have all you need. Talk to your local hexagon sales guy and see if he can confirm your machine is 4axis capable. If they don't know, put a support ticket in with Hexagon technical support. Here: https://support.hexagonmi.com/s/

For you to have that scanning probe and use it exclusively with touch-hits is like strapping a jet engine onto for your Ford Fiesta.. SCAN! learn to scan!!! it produces amazing accuracy, and most of the time is faster than TTP.

Comment

• jleond
            jleond commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, Louisd!

I would say that a DC800 can't scan with 4 axes, only B5 leittz, but I'm not sure...

Comment