Clearance Cube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearance Cube

I am working on a project that "requires" the use of clearance cube. When I try to activate the cube on my offline seat, the activate button is greyed out. I can display it and resize it but I cannot turn it on. I have gone in and turned it on for each feature but it still won't let me use it. Does anybody know why this is?

Also, is there a difference between clearance cube and starting the program as follows:

Code:
    ASSIGN/ZMIN = A
    ASSIGN/ZMAX = B
    ASSIGN/YMIN = C
    ASSIGN/YMAX = D
    etc... and just inserting, for example,

Code:
    MOVE/POINT, NORMAL, < , , ZMAX>
    If I knew I had to move to Z+ plane?

EDIT: My project does not allow me to use PC-DMIS to edit cube size. I am essentially creating a program outside of PC-DMIS and importing it in. Thus, I cannot modify cube settings after import (if possible). Does this force me to use my second option of a more manual clearance cube?
    Last edited by JacobCheverie; 06-28-2019, 12:52 PM.

Good Morning,

I am having the same trouble today except I am not able to even display it or resize it. Have you found out a solution to this? I am stumped on it as well.

Comment

I'm constantly trying to use clearance cube, as I used it previously with Calypso and learned to like it. I have found 2 things - make sure your cursor is at the end of your program to edit - as it won't "see" the features. Also, I wait to edit/activate it until the program is close to completion. If you have it activated then edit a feature, it will "help you" and change your approach settings EVERY TIME. Aggravating!
      Leitz Reference XI 10.7.6 with HP-S-XIH
      2017 R2 with SP3

Comment

do you have a 3d model in your program??? and also if you go in to the F5 menu i would turn on the use tip vector as clearance cube start and end makes it way faster than having to go change the the X+ X- Y+ Y- for every feature but this hole clearance cube this is not like it is in calypso i aslo came from calypso and loved that feature so when i came to dmis and was told to leave it alone i wouldn't listen and tried and tried to make it work crash free like it is in calypso but never got there now i use clearance plans and things seems to work smoother for me but give it a shot maybe you will love it

Comment