Feature Control Frame Uneven Tolerance/Negative Number....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Control Frame Uneven Tolerance/Negative Number....

I have a surface profile callout of 2.0 with a negative number (-.25) after the "U". When I enter the -.25 PC Dmis changes the number to a positive .75. Is it possible to dimension in this case with the negative number? If not I will dimension with Legacy method. Thanks!

THIS IS FOR LEGACY:
    You need to put in a negative (-0.25) for the upper tolerance and a 2.25 for the lower tolerance.
    IF you have Pcdmis set to enter negative values for negative tolerances, then you need to put in -0.25 (upper) and -2.25 (lower)

Not sure how you can get Xact to do this.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Thanks Matthew. I will dimension using Legacy.

Comment

Xact limits the unevenness so that the theoretical value is still in the zone. You must use legacy if you have a zone such that the theo is out of tol.
        AndersI
        SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

In the Xact profile window, click on the <UZ> and a dropdown will give you the option for the unequal tolerance symbol. When you select it, it will give you space to enter the unequal number after the unequal symbol.DMIS PROFILE UZ 2.JPG
          Attached Files
          Remembering my beautiful wife Taz who's life was taken from me on 6-13-2020. I love you and I miss you.

Comment

• AndersI
            AndersI commented
            Editing a comment
            But you still can't move the zone so much that the theo is outtol. Which is a perfectly valid dimension. You must use Legacy for that.

• A-machine-insp
            A-machine-insp commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahh, I missed that part.

AndersI - sorry to bug you, but this is something that needs to be reported unless it already has been...
          PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP10

Comment

• AndersI
            AndersI commented
            Editing a comment
            As there is a functioning workaround (legacy), I think we'll have to wait for the new GD&T library. I will be happily retired when that comes out :-)

• vpt.se
            vpt.se commented
            Editing a comment
            Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......!