Automatic retraction after taking hits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic retraction after taking hits

A while back we had one of the guys from Hexagon come in to calibrate one of our CMM's. He changed something in the configuration so that now whenever you take your manual hits on the part, the probe automatically retracts a little bit after taking your hit. How can I configure our other CMM's to do this as well?

i believe what you're looking for is the MANRETRACT setting

setup options > part/machine tab > maunal hit retract (top right)

https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...3-auto-retract

sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure only certain controllers recognize the MANRETRACT so it may not work on all your CMMs

Comment

Some controller supports it, some don’t, the one that supports it can be turned on from FDC panel and the manual re-track value is fixed meaning user manual re-track in PCDMIS can’t override it. Some can only be turn on in settings editor, the value can be anything you want once it’s on.

Comment

Auto retract is a Sheffield controller function, so anything from that architecture (including UMP360) should be able to do it.

Comment

This will work the same take a regular Z hit as well as in a small bore correct ? So in a small bore / slot / pocket... it will manual retract and have collision ( yes minor ....) on the opposite side of the feature ? Sure its great in Z but maybe not what you want full time. Careful what you ask for ???

Comment

FDC Control Panel is my spot to turn Auto Retract On/Off and/or set retract distance (I have it set to 1.5mm at the moment). And Schlag is correct when probing tight spaces you'll hate it!
              PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
              Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

yes. Everything above. But since I got confused from above, as well!..... the MANRETRACT for ME did just that (for an Optiv 4.4.3 but with an Image/Advantage? I didn't mess with it) .
                I think around 2010-2013 in DCC if I forgot to do safe $hit in a small CYL or CIR, the Demon took care of it. BUT.... I always taught my self the habit of always placing a Prehit/Retract (value of same n' safe) in Edit Window before sending the probe in da ho'
                I must tell you a Leitz Probe and manual hits before DCC can be extremely FUSSY. I guess those Mycrona folks left some Easter eggs inside Optiv before the Hex sucked in their product!!

Comment

I have to adjust my MANRETRACT whenever I'm in a tight space, otherwise it'll bounce off one side of a bore, hit the opposite side and before you know it, I've got 40 hits and no sign of stopping.

Comment

• Kp61dude!
                    Kp61dude! commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bahaha! The probe will start a black hole.

Word of caution on manual retract option.
                  If you use a manual point(s) to start the program and you sneek up on the part it can read the vector direction wrong, and instead of moving away from the part it will try to drive thru the part. Not good.
                  So train everyone to ensure that there is enough travel (movement) on the scale so it reads the vector right.
                  At my last job everyone was trained to position probe where you want then raise it up then take your point.

where i'm at now it is turned off.
                  Last edited by William Johnson; 06-25-2019, 12:06 PM.
                  Time for the Trolls to leave.

Comment

What value is supposed to be in the MANRETRACT setting? Is this value the distance?

Originally posted by mckenzie View Post
                    i believe what you're looking for is the MANRETRACT setting

setup options > part/machine tab > maunal hit retract (top right)

https://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc...3-auto-retract

Comment

• mckenzie
                      mckenzie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      in the setup options the value is the distance

Its in the settings editor under parameters. Or just search ManHitRetract. Set the value from 0 to 1 and your manual hits will "bounce" off the part, but like Schlag said, it will come off the surface, so if you're ever aligning to a tight hole, you will hit the opposing side.
                    I'm neeeewwwwwwww!!!

Comment

The other thing to note is that it will "bounce off" in the opposite direction you took the hit.

Comment