Intersection of a Sphere and Radius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intersection of a Sphere and Radius

I have a round part with a 3.5" through bore that leads into a 12" radius. That radius blends into a 10" sphere with a 0.125" radial transition from the large radius to the sphere. Everything is centered about the bore. I only have about 1" of the spherical surface on the part. The start angle is 50 and end angle is 65. I do have a model. The drawing calls out the 4" diameter where the spherical surface intersects the 0.125" blended radius. It also calls out the intersection of the 12" radius with the 3.5" thru bore. I have tried several different things but I'm not confident in any of my methods. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    153010 Global Advantage w/ LSPX1H_T Analog Probe
    7107 Global Classic TP20
    2019R1 SP1 CAD++

I'm kinda take a shot in the dark here, maybe you take single hits lets say of the sphere in let's say the same X origin and the same with the radius and make a constructed curve and intersect them? I think if you can post a pic. Would get better answer, maybe not from me but from some one else?
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

Hard to understand...
      Something like this ?
      question.JPG

Comment

• RIDER
        RIDER commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Just bring the thru bore down below the 12' radius.

Here's a crude sketch.
      Attached Files
      153010 Global Advantage w/ LSPX1H_T Analog Probe
      7107 Global Classic TP20
      2019R1 SP1 CAD++

Comment

I would use 3 times the small arc method (12'', 0125 and 10), in different planes around the part, then construct each interset point and constuct the dimensions...

Comment

• RIDER
          RIDER commented
          Editing a comment
          By small arc method, are you referring to the Hex tech sheet for measuring arcs less than 90³?

"Small arc method" being per Hexagon Tech sheet PDF linked below. You'll need to sign into hexagon support to read it.
        Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence’s online support centre, offering a range of services including access to our knowledge base, articles on tips & tricks, software downloads and much more.

Comment

• RIDER
          RIDER commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks all!!! I will give it a shot and see how the numbers pan out!!