Support PC-DMIS Development by Submitting Crash Reports.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support PC-DMIS Development by Submitting Crash Reports.

Send in your detailed crash reports to support a constantly improving software experience.

When sending a crash report please include:
    1. Your email address, so we can contact you if we require further information
    2. A description of the crash and what you were doing in advance of this

Error Report Window.png

Example of the crash report window.

Including a description in your crash report is crucial to ensure our development teams can fully investigate the cause and work towards a solution. The more information you provide, the better the result.

We identify development priorities based on the number of crash instances received. Every crash report is logged, processed and monitored on our secure development server. After which, development teams are assigned to work on fixes which are regularly released in our service packs.

We are also able to offer a more tailored development service, by monitoring machines sending in the highest number of crashes. In this instance, by identifying the PC-DMIS licence number, we can reach out to the top ten machines and work on resolving your unique crash causes.

Thank you for keeping us informed and supporting the continual development of PC-DMIS.
    Last edited by Don Ruggieri; 06-19-2019, 01:48 PM.

Many of us are running PC-DMIS in an "offline" environment (ie. no internet).
    Do you have a procedure we could use to send crash reports manually via e-mail?
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP5

Comment

Good ol' Nike-net!
      Put error reports on USB thumb drive, unplug USB thumb drive, use your Nike's to network the files to a connected PC. Send reports via your email on connected PC.

https://support.hexagonmi.com/s/arti...-1527312039981

Details

Follow these steps to manually submit crash reports

1.Using Windows File Explorer, browse to: C:\Users\john.smith\AppData\Local\CrashRpt\UnsentC rashReports
      2.Zip the files up (compress) to save space: How do I Zip or Unzip Files?
      3.Copy the zipped file to any data transfer device (USB sticks are convenient and inexpensive).
      4.Submit a case on this site and attach the files, or email them to [email protected]

We will then submit these files to our development team, who will review them and suggest diagnostics/solutions. You can check on these actions using the case created in step four

Comment

• vpt.se
        vpt.se commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!!!!

• mckenzie
        mckenzie commented
        Editing a comment
        but, but, what if i dont wear nike's. whatever shall i do (dramatic sigh)

some of us are also running older versions of pcdmis, myself for example 2013MR1 and the reason is simply the cost of upgrading.... guess I'm gonna be 'that guy' but when the cost of an upgrade is prohibitive to me I'm a bit less inclined to help improve that upgrade.

Comment

Do these crash reports still take screenshots of your desktop?

That is a bit of a security/proprietary/export-controlled issue.

Comment

• Don Ruggieri
          Don Ruggieri commented
          Editing a comment
          YES, admittedly they do.

a) You can submit them if you are ok with that
          b) you can remove the image from the file before sending it
          c) we are working on an option to NOT capture the image for those concerned about it

I know you are not familiar with the workings of the crash submissions, but only for the first instance of the crash (from anyone) is anything collected. After that, no matter how many times you or anyone else encounters the same crash, the data is ignored, the files are not stored. We do have the option to ggoel(the collection) back on but it only has a lifecycle of one instance. After that it returns to NOT storing the data.

Regardless, we value your feedback and are working on ways to make this more valued for both of us.

Don Ruggieri
        I am having issues with my Universal Updater it says it can not connect so I have tried to attach my log file here but it says to big to put here

2019-10-22 06:07:14.3080 Socket state = Connecting
        2019-10-22 06:07:14.3519 Attempting to reconnect
        2019-10-22 06:07:45.3627 Socket state = Connecting
        2019-10-22 06:07:45.3627 Attempting to reconnect

Michael A Wildschutz Sr
        I Walk on The WildSide
        "To Each is Own"

Comment

• michaelwildschutz
          michaelwildschutz commented
          Editing a comment
          Don Ruggieri I wanted to say thank you for personally having some one from HEXAGON to send me a email about this issue I am glad to see such follow thru. I wish that everyone would follow thru as much as this.I am also glad to hear that the issue will be corrected in the next update...

• Don Ruggieri
          Don Ruggieri commented
          Editing a comment
          Very Welcome MW', I actually spoke to him a few days ago but he was pre-occupied with other issues.

Don
        Is it possible for you to help me with a case ticket I have on the portal and hook me up with your guru for inserting the new excel form report...I am having issues with the new inserting a excel form report at the end of Dimensions...I have had a case ticket since 9/5/19 case #00141275 and it appears to me the person whom was assigned to it never really read my notes or even looked into the files I attached and he finally stopped replying .. I have been going on the portal for last 3weeks and keep asking for help but no reply at all...I have tried several things on my own but it does not appear to work correctly as I would expect it to
        Michael A Wildschutz Sr
        I Walk on The WildSide
        "To Each is Own"

Comment