star probe calibration issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• star probe calibration issue

Hi, all. I am having trouble calibrating my star probe. It is a 5 WAY but I do not have a probe on the bottom (A0B0). I left tip #1 empty when building this setup. Slots 2-5 are filled each with 1BY10mm probes. All 4 probes are in the X and Y axes. I have a different probe that acts as the master, fyi. I have calibrated/built star probes before but they always had a probe on the bottom (A0B0). Using Manual + DCC the sofware wants me to take a manual hit in A0B0, usually this is not a problem but now I have no probe on the bottom. It also flips the first tip on its side (incorrect workplane). Am I missing something simple? Thanks for your help!

I would just try dcc + dcc, reset to theo (but with the sphere doesn't moved !)

Comment

Unless you built it wrong, Your first Tip 1A0B0 would be at 3:00, 2A0B0 12:00, 3A0B0 9:00, and 4A0B0 would be at 6:00. Also if your Probe is built correctly, The top of the Sphere becomes the side.

Capture1.JPG
      (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
      They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

If you have another probe set as the Master and you've built the probe correctly, you should be able to simply answer No the sphere hasn't moved and use DCC+DCC like JEFMAN said.
        PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

• JEFMAN
          JEFMAN commented
          Editing a comment
          It's always more clear when it's said in the right language !

Yes! That worked! Thank you all! I simply did what JEFMAN recommended and it did the trick!

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
          KIRBSTER269 commented
          Editing a comment
          Be sure to give JEFMAN a LIKE for his answer. He is a Robot, and requires LIKES to function

KIRBSTER269 : Yes, I'm a robot, but a civilized one : happy week-end, all, it's friday !
        And happy week-end also to all other robots here...

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
          KIRBSTER269 commented
          Editing a comment
          As always, Happy Friday Jeffery Beep, Boop, Beep