Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AuRules
    replied
    Thanks KIRBSTER269 for helping with this issue. Means allot. I learned 2 thing 1st-Use Legacy Dimensions when and when not too use it and the 2nd Hidden Datum shift Box or anything I don't won't to report.

Leave a comment:

• KIRBSTER269
    replied
    If you put your mouse right on that label and right click on it, you can hide the datum Shift. I don't think it sticks everytime you run it so you might have to do it every time.

Before

Capture.JPG

After

Capture1.JPG

Actually this Pops up when you do that so you can eliminate it if you want.

Capture.JPG
    Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 06-17-2019, 11:51 AM. Reason: tried it out

Leave a comment:

• AuRules
    replied
    See below
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• AuRules
    commented on 's reply
    I think I was saying could not use the FCF because I use (Use Text Mode Dimension Reporting)

Unchecked (Use Text Mode Dimension Reporting)
    Unchecked (Use Legacy Dimensions) and created my FCF and all looks good except the Datum shift Box below the callout anyway to remove that. See below.

• AuRules
    commented on 's reply
    When I call out the scan it uses the Z level (Datum B) which is a plane .625 above the center of my radius and it also uses inside diameter X & Y for side to side location (Datum A). So if I didn't want to use the Z in my Form and Location callout how do you go about that. I'm using the legacy style callouts. Just want to use side to side X & Y and not the Z in my calculations. How hope this is better to understand.

• KIRBSTER269
    commented on 's reply
    I am not sure exactly what you're asking, but Legacy is based off of how you aligned your part, you know your 321 alignment, so say you level to let's say PLN2, and it isn't actually Datum A, then that's what legacy is considering form and location, where when you use Xact, it starts building a ghost Trihedron and if you put your cursor in the Editor on one of your Xact callouts and look to your CAD model you'll see that second Trihedron appear, unless of course it is an identical alignment to your 321 alignment. You may already understand this part. I'm just not sure what your asking. The reason why I used the Customized was only because of this one particular blue print and the way they called it out. This just happened to be one unusual callout. This isn't normal

• AuRules
    commented on 's reply
    See comment below

• AuRules
    replied
    I found it with your help, thanks. But one more question Using legacy callouts the results of my profile comes from the alignment which is shown on the .jpg on the 1st comment. Datum A & B which then throws my profile form and location out of tolerance. I could use custom report to call out my profile only to datum A shown by building a FCF but I don't think you can use legacy along with custom reporing (that you use KIRBSTER269).

Leave a comment:

• KIRBSTER269
    commented on 's reply
    sometimes your MAX and MIN can be both Negative numbers or even both positive numbers and your result would be in your MEAS the highest of the 2. again not really telling you anything that's why you should report Max and Min.

• KIRBSTER269
    replied
    Capture.JPG

As You can see in my example my Max is +.0003 to much material but still in tolerance of my +.010 and my lowest point in my scan, not enough material, was -.0014 but still in tolerance of my -.010 tolerance. The MEAS is just my lowest and highest points added together not really tell you anything there.

Leave a comment:

• RIDER
    commented on 's reply
    He means for you to turn on max and min under F10 dimension settings. Surface profile reports the absolute value of the max deviation + the min deviation.

• Kp61dude!
    commented on 's reply
    ^^^^^ Bahahahaha!

• AuRules
    replied
    KIRBSTER269 I'm not sure what you talking about if the callouts then you don't get that option for form and location.

Leave a comment:

• KIRBSTER269
    commented on 's reply
    Be sure to report your Max and Min. Just a friendly reminder, and tell your dependent to go sit in the corner and don't speak until spoken to. Paul is correct

• AuRules
    replied
    Thanks Paul, did my homework on this one to make sure at the time I was programming it that all callout were correct.

Leave a comment: