Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distance between two cilinder which share the same axis

Hi everyone,

i'm a newbie PC DMIS user, (2017 R1 version), i'm writing a part program using CAD model in off line mode, i've two circular sector which share the same center and i would like to obtain the distance between the two sector. So i've created different circles and the two cylinders which share the same axis, now how can i obtain the 138 quote on the screenshot below?

thanks everyone
    Attached Files

It's just the difference between radii - the easiest way is just calculate the value and print in the report:

Code:
                ASSIGN/V_DIST=CIR_BIG.R-CIR_SML.R
                COMMENT/REPT,
                "Distance: " + V_DIST
    If you need a proper dimension, you need to copy V_DIST into some field of a generic feature, and dimension that (remove the COMMENT/REPT,)

Code:
    F1         =GENERIC/LINE,DEPENDENT,CARTESIAN,$
                NOM/XYZ,<0,0,0>,$
                MEAS/XYZ,<0,0,0>,$
                NOM/IJK,<0,0,1>,$
                MEAS/IJK,<0,0,1>,$
                DISTANCE/138,V_DIST

DIM LOC1= LOCATION OF LINE F1  UNITS=MM ,$
    GRAPH=OFF  TEXT=OFF  MULT=10.00  OUTPUT=BOTH  HALF ANGLE=NO
    AX    NOMINAL       MEAS       +TOL       -TOL        DEV     OUTTOL
    L      138.000     22.750      0.050     -0.050   -115.250    115.200 <--------
    END OF DIMENSION LOC1
    You really need to verify that the two circles have the same center, otherwise this calculation is meaningless.
    AndersI
    SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

you can also construct a line and then intersect the line with the circles and then do a distance from the two created points.

Comment

thank you so much! and the same operation can be done with cylinders right? and since i've measured only circular sectors with automatic circles, the distance between radii will be the mean value on the measured circular sectors or on the total cylinder?

thank you again

Comment