Any recommendation to moving along tip vector Offline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recommendation to moving along tip vector Offline?

What I have thus far...

Code:
    RDPNT        =FEAT/POINT,CARTESIAN
                  THEO/<0,0,0>,<0,0,1>
                  ACTL/<2.6517,2.647,2.6465>,<0,0,1>
                  READPOINT/
                    ASSIGN/PRB=PROBEDATA("VECTOR",PROBEDATA())
                    ASSIGN/CALC1=PRB.I*INPUT+RDPNT.X
                    ASSIGN/CALC2=PRB.J*INPUT+RDPNT.Y
                    ASSIGN/CALC3=PRB.K*INPUT+RDPNT.Z
                    MOVE/POINT,NORMAL,<CALC1,CALC2,CALC3>
    Works as expected until you try to use it with an alignment rotated away or normal to STARTUP.

This would mimic the physical controller switched to "PROBE" mode.
    Last edited by Kp61dude!; 06-07-2019, 02:12 PM.
    PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
    Global 7-10-7 DC800S

I guess I can just call up an alignment that's normal to starup and call this sub (containing code above) and be happy with it. I know of "offset move" either from CAD or Feature... not good enough for me. I used to create a readpoint and then offset feature from that but it''s too 'clunky' for me... but so is above hehehe
    PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
    Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

Anyone ever try to figure out the Probe Offsets found in probe utilities.... is there something wrong with the offsets? Select a Tip and click Edit, look at the XYZ, is Z backwards or am I crazy (it has been a long week)?
      PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
      Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

• louisd
        louisd commented
        Editing a comment
        you know how I know you are crazy? you replied to your own post twice. LOL. happy Friday, go home!

• KIRBSTER269
        KIRBSTER269 commented
        Editing a comment
        Some of the best conversations I've had, is with myself

• Kp61dude!
        Kp61dude! commented
        Editing a comment
        louisd true!

KIRBSTER269 aren’t they huh?

I guess I’m taking y’all along for a ride with my thought process. Been thinking about doing something like this for about 30 months.

This is a no brained for JEFMAN is he on vacation, I thought the beauty of robots is that they don’t take time off?
        Last edited by Kp61dude!; 06-08-2019, 03:39 PM.

Beauty of "Pyrénées" is much more important than robot minds !!!!! And it was a very nice saturday in our mountains

ASSIGN/V1=PROBEDATA("offsets") gives the position of the "zero head" (where they mount the mirrors during the matrix creation - at the bottom of Z axis, without PH10 / tesastar...) from the centerball.
      Maybe offline, it corresponds to the A-B rotation axis).
      For move points along probe axis, I create an assignment in startup alignment (recall it, and recall the actual after the generic line), then create a generic line and assign its vector in the actual alignment (approximately what you do !) ASSIGN/V1=F1.IJK.
      Then, I create a ASSIGN/V2=PT1.XYZ+C1.INPUT*F1.IJK, and use V2.X,V.Y and V2.Z in the move points.
      After a autofeature, you can use .EXYZ, which should be the end point of the feature (instead of the readpoint)

Comment

Originally posted by JEFMAN View Post
        Beauty of "Pyrénées" is much more important than robot minds !!!!! And it was a very nice saturday in our mountains

ASSIGN/V1=PROBEDATA("offsets") gives the position of the "zero head" (where they mount the mirrors during the matrix creation - at the bottom of Z axis, without PH10 / tesastar...) from the centerball.
        For move points along probe axis, I create an assignment in startup alignment (recall it, and recall the actual after the generic line), then create a generic line and assign its vector in the actual alignment (approximately what you do !) ASSIGN/V1=F1.IJK.
        Then, I create a ASSIGN/V2=PT1.XYZ+C1.INPUT*F1.IJK, and use V2.X,V.Y and V2.Z in the move points.
        After a autofeature, you can use .EXYZ, which should be the end point of the feature (instead of the readpoint)
        By "end point of the feature" do you mean the last hit or where the probe ends up after the last hit including the retraction? Either way that's great info to know.

***Edit***
        Apparently neither. I just tried it with a circle and got the same results as .XYZ.
        Last edited by Schrocknroll; 06-10-2019, 05:32 AM.
        PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

• JEFMAN
          JEFMAN commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not at the cmm for this week, I only looked at the core manual, the example is given on a line.
          For another feature, using .HIT[FEATURE.NUMHITS].XYZ will give the last hit, IJK the last vector.
          It should be used very carefully, because a move point mves the centerball...
          Maybe Kp61dude! readpoint is a good idea !!!!!

• Kp61dude!
          Kp61dude! commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Last edited by Kp61dude!; 06-10-2019, 11:08 AM.

Feat.sx
        feat.ex

Start point and end point of a feature that has length, examples lines, cylinders

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

• Schrocknroll
          Schrocknroll commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, makes sense.

Originally posted by JEFMAN View Post

"Pyrénées" sure does give our beautiful Yosemite a run for it's money! Nature is a must in a humans imperfect balance called life. I enjoy the local beaches of San Diego year round... you can call me a "Hodad".

Doesn't make sense to me why the Z axis is flipped backwards, it's usable, though I'd have to remember to always negate the Z axis in order to be useful.

I'll have to try your "offset about probe" method and IF less involved I will most likely adopt it. Appreciate you sharing your knowledge.... nature loving robot aka JEFMAN!
        Last edited by Kp61dude!; 06-10-2019, 08:39 AM.
        PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
        Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

What I'm currently using (located at the end of the program I'm writing):
          Code:
          $$ NO,
                      ><>*><>*><>*><>*><>*><>*><>*><>*><>*><>*><>*><>*><>*><>*><>*><>*><>*<>*><>*><>*><>*><>*><>*><>
          TAIL       =GROUP/SHOWALLPARAMS=NO
                      ENDGROUP/ID=TAIL
                      GOTO/DELETE
          $$ NO,
                      Delete from here on down.

RECALL/ALIGNMENT,EXTERNAL,VERO_S_ALIGNMENT
          CS1        =CALLSUB/MOVEALONGPROBE,SUBROUTINELIBRARY.PRG:.15,,
                      RECALL/ALIGNMENT,INTERNAL,ABC_ALN:INTERNAL
          DELETE     =LABEL/
          Located conveniently at the end just execute last feature, input an offset amount, block run the offset sub...easy-peasy. Programming right above the fishies.
          PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
          Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment