This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don
    Summary Mode (Preview) Add auto scroll .

When using the Dragging and Dropping Commands method to move the selected commands to a new location, an auto scroll should be use when the mouse pointer is at the top or bottom of the Edit window.

Comment

Who uses summery mode?? I have to see command mode. I guess maybe if you had very simple little programs? i dunno, just dont see why that a thing.
      -riley Lawlor
      Southern California
      Aerospace CNC Machinery

Comment

• davehocum
        davehocum commented
        Editing a comment
        I have routine templates that are over 8,000 lines before I even start creating a routine. I am now in the process of using scripts to add certain parts of this large template as sub routines to reduce the template size. This way I can reduce the size of the routine. I use summary mode dragging and dropping command to help move comments that I use to give the scripts a pointer to place the call sub routine group into the routine. Using summary mode dragging and dropping command to reduce cut and paste time in command mode. Example: When optimizing the path sometimes the features will still need to be organized. In summary mode just move the features with the dragging and dropping command. I have very good results using this command with moving dimensions too.

• davehocum
        davehocum commented
        Editing a comment
        Command mode I will use to edit the detail parts of the routine. Then I will find myself editing using the dialog windows anyways because of the live editor.
        Example:
        I have issues with just editing the avoidance move. The software will take over a minute to check the complete program (using a large template) for identical id of that feature. Another example when changing the avoidance move with a datum feature. PC-DMIS change alignment dialog will open when none of the changes would affect the alignment. I find myself using the best capabilities of summary and command mode.

Originally posted by rtlawlor View Post
      Who uses summery mode?? I have to see command mode. I guess maybe if you had very simple little programs? i dunno, just dont see why that a thing.
      Honestly, with the new summary mode, I'm using it more and more. It makes it easier to get a quick overview of whats there and makes it easier to move things. The other thing I really like is when the program is completed, it will turn the lines for dimensions either red or green depending on pass/fail. If I want to very quickly see if the part passed or not (parts I programmed and I know 100% that the dimensioning/tolerances are correct), that makes it even easier than the report widow.
      "Do what I want you to do, not what I tell you to do."

-Me

Comment

This is all good feedback, thank you

Comment

so still no ability to expand features in the edit window in summary mode? is this something that is gone for good or might it reappear in a future build?
          sigpic

Comment

For some reason, in my installation the Summary Mode (Preview) button is grey, and the menu item is missing. Any tip how to get them back? Reset User did not help...
            AndersI
            SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

• Peter Fuller
              Peter Fuller commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe you have to run as administrator before the new button is activated.

• AndersI
              AndersI commented
              Editing a comment
              Always do as last step of installation. Tried running as admin again, but no difference. Maybe it's my super-duper DEMO license with extra all - I saw in the Help that the Summary Preview was not available for double-arm systems (not that I have a double-arm, but maybe my license has...).

• Don Ruggieri
              Don Ruggieri commented
              Editing a comment
              Tht would do it, double arm license will disable summary mode preview

Feedback on Summary Mode (Preview)

The command Manual/DCC Mode cannot be modified. Double click won't open a window since this command has no window associated with it. Right click only gives me Copy Parameters or Group as options. The typical toggling F7/F8 does not work with Summary Mode (Preview).

It seems if a command does not have a window component for editing, it cannot be changed in this new Summary Mode.

Maybe designating the middle mouse click as a toggle through the options could work?
            Or clicking on the Peek Window to make a change?

Comment

Alignment PEEK not performing as expected. Sometimes I get one line of code in the PEEK. Most other times, I get no PEEK.

Comment

Why am I locked out of many menu items after an execution? I cannot even close the program without resetting the data.

Comment

Originally posted by mckenzie View Post
                  so still no ability to expand features in the edit window in summary mode? is this something that is gone for good or might it reappear in a future build?
                  I agree, hopefully it will come back; we all do 95% or better of our programming in summary mode (5 different programmers) and use the expand feature constantly. We just started up our new RA8 with 2019R2 today and that was one of the first things we noticed missing. I'll try to give more feedback over the next few weeks as we use the new Romer.

Comment

People actually use summary mode?
                    B&S Globals/7.10.7s/ Zeiss Contura
                    PCDMIS v2012MR1/v2010 - Don't Ask lol
                    Calypso 5.4

Comment