Report Header Missing In Do/Until loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report Header Missing In Do/Until loop

I have a short program that measures 3 features and reports them out N number of times, where N is selected by the operator. I have a print command in the loop so that it prints a new report PDF each iteration with auto-index. Only report #1 has the header info, all the others are just the dimensions. Is this something that can be changed? The intent was to have each report be cosmetically identical with only the values changing. TIA
    derrick

Right click in your report choose Edit Object

Capture.JPG

This Box will pop up

choose Always

Capture2.JPG
    Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 05-29-2019, 01:00 PM.
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• derrickcoyne
      derrickcoyne commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm running 2018r2, I'm not getting this popup when i right click, is it a version mismatch?

• KIRBSTER269
      KIRBSTER269 commented
      Editing a comment
      Make sure you're not right clicking just anywhere. You have to be below your results. Put your mouse where you see a little popup that says "TextReportObject1" then right click
      Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 05-29-2019, 02:48 PM.

or add this below your print command block before your logic test to loop back

REPORT/LABEL, FILENAME= FILE_HEADER.LBL

Comment

Originally posted by Rich P View Post
      or add this below your print command block before your logic test to loop back

REPORT/LABEL, FILENAME= FILE_HEADER.LBL
      I've had inconsistent results with this. Sometimes there's no header, sometimes there's two headers and once in a while it works. PCD typical.

Comment

Create a file header with nothing in it (call it File_Header_Blank), create a generic header with report commands and variables. Sit back and watch money print.
        Code:
                                                   Company Name Here.
                                                      CMM REPORT

Serial Number: 1
        Work Order: 1234567890
        Part Number: Part name
        Part Description: FILTER BLOCK
        Part Revision: D
        Date : 2/9/2018
        Time : 12:56:46 PM

**blank space
        **report start
        i archive all data in RTF format. When someone (including myself) makes a typo on a work traveler (or whatever you can imagine) you can easily write VBS code in WORD to correct typos on the header. One small example... you can also text search more information in windows file explorer, etc.

Won't ever worry about those pesky (but eye catchy!) headers (or any other colorful report if you're using text mode).
        Last edited by Kp61dude!; 05-29-2019, 06:59 PM.
        PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
        Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
          KIRBSTER269 commented
          Editing a comment
          and here I thought you were a colorful person