Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCDMIS on two screens

Hi All,

I would like to start PCDMIS immediatly on two screens. However, when I change my layout and save this layout on two screens, it still opens PCDMIS on one screen. Anyone an idea to open PCDMIS on two screens automatically?

Thanks.

Right click on the application. Go to file location. Open the properties box. Under the shorcut tab, change the Run: to Maximized.
    153010 Global Advantage w/ LSPX1H_T Analog Probe
    7107 Global Classic TP20
    2019R1 SP1 CAD++

Comment

How do you get it on 2 screens? Never seen that done.
      Time for the Trolls to leave.

Comment

Does it allow seeing bugs twice ?
        LOL

Comment

• William Johnson
          William Johnson commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably crash twice as much.

Originally posted by William Johnson View Post
        How do you get it on 2 screens? Never seen that done.
        I have the graphics screen on the left and edit window on the right.

Comment

• davehocum
          davehocum commented
          Editing a comment
          I would need three monitors to have this type of setup. 99% of the print here are PDF's. I have the print on the right monitor and PC-DMIS and the left monitor.

• bfire85
          bfire85 commented
          Editing a comment
          I usually just print ours off on a 11x17. However, yes, 3 screens would be ideal!

• sealevel
          sealevel commented
          Editing a comment
          Barry, you are splitting the real estate correct, just the tenants are in the wrong domiciles!

Originally posted by MihaelR View Post
        Hi All,

I would like to start PCDMIS immediatly on two screens. However, when I change my layout and save this layout on two screens, it still opens PCDMIS on one screen. Anyone an idea to open PCDMIS on two screens automatically?

Thanks.
        Maybe you have a permissions problem.

Comment

right-click on the desktop, go to the nView Desktop Manager (guessing you have a NVIDEA card), go to Windows Manager, then ENABLE WINDOW SPANNING ACROSS MULTIPLE MONITORS also enable child window spanning. Then you should be able to get it on both monitors.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

It opens on one screen here as well, rightclick the titlebar and select "Expand to entire desktop".

It seems the multiscreen behaviour can change between PC-DMIS versions.
          PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP4

Comment

Some of the PC-DMIS windows can exist outside of the main window (Edit Window, Status Window for example) while others can't (Report Window, unfortunately). Some dialogs only work well on the primary screen (AutoFeatures, for example, or maybe this has been fixed - I haven't tested in the latest versions?). I don't think there's any way to have PC-DMIS start spread out, but it's only one click away if you have saved the window layout (toolbar Window Layouts).
            AndersI
            SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

a 32" and one 28" standing up to see more code. 168.jpg

Comment

• sealevel
                sealevel commented
                Editing a comment
                I would have switched L/H monitor to Edit Window and rotated 90°, and R/H monitor to GFX Window and rotated 90°.
                That is just my personal taste, but your getting close to eYe correction 20/20! Ô¿Ô
                (+1 to Matt.... a bit of B-L-O-A-T on your toolbars...... ) and even that worm bows to the monitor opinions
                MY biggest complaint is that the Report Window is constrained to mother window......
                Last edited by sealevel; 05-17-2019, 07:05 PM.

• vpt.se
                vpt.se commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you running multimonitor software or something extra in order to get that setup or is it just nVidia/Windows functions?

• sealevel
                sealevel commented
                Editing a comment
                it IS (for me) just nVidia/windows to rotate and specify primary/alternate monitors. No need for 3rd party soft. Setting them up can be challenging when the monitor dialog box is open and while you are selecting 'OK'.... the mouse vert motion is horiz and vice versa until your machine displays what you want and u hit that 'OK' button.

Originally posted by Michael_Swe View Post
              a 32" and one 28" standing up to see more code. 168.jpg
              could you get any more toolbars on that screen????
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Got a few spare 24" widescreens and a 5.1 surround system at home doing nothing... maybe I should pimp my CMM

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
                  Got a few spare 24" widescreens and a 5.1 surround system at home doing nothing... maybe I should pimp my CMM
                  Would be awesome if I could bring personal 'spare' stuff to work! I'd have a gnarly setup.
                  PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
                  Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment