Lost probe tip information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost probe tip information

We are running PC-DMIS 2015 cad++. when I open a program to run, there is a pop-up message that the "probe tip is not defined".
    I have used this probe for more than three years. I go into the probe utility box, I cant find any tip information in it. I do not know what has happened, please see the attached picture. Can anyone help tell what could have happened?
    Attached Files

One possibility is that the probe tip got "accidentally" renamed. Click on the probe file drop-down to display the list.
    I've seen cases with operators unintentionally altered the name by pressing the space bar when placed the cursor on the code line.
    Last edited by Roberto; 05-13-2019, 09:53 AM.
    sigpicIt's corona time!
    737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

Any other probes missing? Check your search paths, maybe they got changed ? I'm sure you have 2 or 3 back up probe files stored somewhere. If you don't you soon will !

Comment

I have copied from the backup probe file and try to do the calibration, but the system does not allow me to do. Still there is another error message popup(attempted to access an unnamed file past its end). see the picture attached. I tried another probe also the same error coming.
        Attached Files

Comment

That error message usually means that the TOOL.DAT file exists, but have zero contents (file size = 0). It sounds like something has happened to your computer (or your access rights).
          AndersI
          SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

My IT engineer says, no problem in the computer or access. Could you please tell me in which folder I find TOOL.DAT file. I like to know when we run the program the PC DMIS capture the probe information from which folder. I see one folder in the C drive called PCDMIS Probes, Is this the correct folder?
            Last edited by Sekhar; 05-16-2019, 02:43 AM.

Comment

C:\ProgramData\Hexagon\PC-DMIS\<version> or C:\ProgramData\WAI\PC-DMIS\<version> or the folder where PC-DMIS is installed, depending on version...
              AndersI

Comment

See the attached picture The TOOL.DAT file is 0 KB. It should have some volume ? Capture 1.PNG

Comment

Stop PC-DMIS, delete the zero size TOOL.DAT file, start PC-DMIS again. It will now work without error messages, but you need to enter the data for your datum sphere again, to create the new TOOL.DAT.

Edit: Or restore the original TOOL.DAT from a backup, if you have one.
                  AndersI

Comment

Thanks lot Andersl

I don't think I have backup for Tool.DAT file. Is there any way to get model tool.dat file? I will change my sphere diameter.

Comment

PC-DMIS will create the TOOL.DAT if it doesn't exist - it's only when it exists with zero size you get the error (even an 'empty' TOOL.DAT will have a file size > 0).
                      AndersI

Comment

Thanks for your great help. Successfully I fixed the issue in the same way you advised.
                        Thanks for all.

Comment