auto plane boundaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto plane boundaries

I am trying to measure a rectangular plane 233 mm x 245 mm with points taken every 10 mm. I want to try an auto plane but cant find an option to set the boundaries for the plane. I do not have a CAD model for this part. It is a rush job and i don't have the time to program all 552 hits manually. Am i missing something that will allow me to set the auto plane up for this?

I would try paste with pattern, take 1 vector point per row down the y axis and paste with pattern down the x axis. Then construct your plane. Auto plane is tricky.

Comment

Thanks, i just realized that i can't use the plane. I need to report the x,y,z location for each point.....

Comment

paste with pattern would be the way to go. Figure out how many rows you want by how many points in each row.

Comment

Can't you still use auto plane, extract the points to report the points x, y, z location?
          Darroll
          2018R2

Comment

Originally posted by Darrollh View Post
            Can't you still use auto plane, extract the points to report the points x, y, z location?
            Text analysis output, I think, for reporting.

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

2018 R2 also has the to points toggle for autoplane.

Comment

Thank you for the help. I ended up using paste with pattern and it worked great.

Comment