Cad model not syncing to alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cad model not syncing to alignment

For some reason the CAD model will not sync up after DCC alignment. I have never had this happen before. Please help.
    Attached Files

looks like you didn't click on CAD model to establish your first alignment. Replace the first features of the first alignment with "Program Mode" (CTL+F4) theoretical clicks on CAD model. press end on keyboard to create each feature.

Comment

• lcrowston
      lcrowston commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, I will start again.

The theoretical locations and orientations of the features used in the manual alignment need to have the same value as the CAD for those locations. Picking the features off of the CAD as louisd mentions is the best way to do it.

If you do this after the program is written and update the alignment to the new features, be sure to answer NO to the question about updating the program.
    PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Are you able to read the code? Dang! you guys have good vision (o big monitors)

To the OP, maybe you forgot to do cad=part in the manual alignment? assuming you are picking the features off of the part with the joystick.
      sigpicIt's corona time!
      737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

I was trying to establish DAT A on the bottom of the part. I want to use the top of the surface plate for the Origin so I took a manual measurement on the part and I was going to offset Z to the table. Bad Idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto View Post
          Are you able to read the code? Dang! you guys have good vision (o big monitors)

To the OP, maybe you forgot to do cad=part in the manual alignment? assuming you are picking the features off of the part with the joystick.
          The Z of the plane is at -14.9622, the point is X 14.4774 Y 9.4025.
          PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

if those are the machine coordinates for alignment features, maybe check to make sure there is no offset in the part set-up options when you hit F5, part/machine tab... I prefer to use alignment fetures in part coordinates then enter the offset of the set-up in F5... same program can run on different machines better that way I find.

Comment