MINUS/PLUS hardware limit error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MINUS/PLUS hardware limit error

We're getting this error from time to time on our B&S Global. I have searched other threads and a common fix for this is to clean the scales. I have done that and it seemed to work for a time but the error just popped up again. It will either be a Minus or a Plus error, but it is not giving me an x y or z in the error message. Most of the time powering down the controller and powering back up is enough to get the CMM running again. Is there any more suggestions for this issue other than cleaning scales?

Make sure no loose hardware exists.
    PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
    Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

Follow up to this post. We are now getting this error once about every 24 hours. We have to shut the controller off and do a machine start. After the CMM homes out it runs fine again. There is no indication of X, Y, or Z. The scales get cleaned almost daily and nothing seems loose. We are a little stumped to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by dopalicious View Post
        Follow up to this post. We are now getting this error once about every 24 hours. We have to shut the controller off and do a machine start. After the CMM homes out it runs fine again. There is no indication of X, Y, or Z. The scales get cleaned almost daily and nothing seems loose. We are a little stumped to be honest.
        Overkill in my opinion. - residue/scratches?
        Mine get cleaned once a year with lighter fluid and cotton ball, nothing else.

Comment

Most likely the scale(s) is damaged and is not detecting the first reference mark when homing.

+1 to what DungT said.
          Global S Blue 12.15.10 HH-AS-T2.5 / HP-S-X1h |PC-DMIS CAD++|Quindos7 CAD; Leitz Reference Xi 15.9.7

Comment

We had similar issues with our B&S ExCel, if I'm not mistaken. It was a combination of jog box issues and a dirty air bearing, IIRC.

Comment